Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 EX-L. All of the radio sound controls make an obvious difference EXCEPT for treble. Moving the slider full-range makes no difference in high frequencies. The dealership is telling me they can hear a difference. Ten out of 10 people I've had in the vehicle agree with me that there is no effect from adjusting treble.

Can anyone please verify for me that their 2019 EX-L has a treble control that makes any obvious difference as it should? This wouldn't be a huge issue except that the sound is shrill for most music and I'd like to dial the treble back a bit.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
If you want to test this scientifically get a frequency generator app for your phone. Connect the phone to your Pilot’s stereo. Set the frequency to 4KHz. You should hear a constant sound from the Pilot’s speakers.

On a second phone load a frequency analyzer app. Set the second phone’s microphone next to the a speaker.

1) Set Pilot’s treble to maximum.
2) Record amplitude of 4KHz signal from analyzer app.
3) Set Pilot’s treble to minimum.
4) Compare the amplitude of signal from analyzer from other measurement.

If you don’t see a difference repeat at a higher frequency (try 8KHz).

Repeat for all speakers.

You should also hear a noticeable difference when performing this test.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
road2cycle-- Good idea, especially if I can do it in front of the service manager. I gather that you can hear the obvious difference on your vehicle?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 2019 EX-L. My treble works. The changes are subtle to me... while the bass control changes are more noticeable (fyi).

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
@gbenzon
I have a 2005 with an aftermarket stereo and I can hear the difference. I’m not sure for the 2019.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts