Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Does it worth paying a lot of money for OEM parts "Control arm with bushing, Disk, Brake pads", or the after-market quality is good?

for the control arm, I see different brands "MOVE TECH, DORMAN"

for Disks & pads, Isee Centric

what do you recommend?

·
Registered
'22 Pilot Elite, '09 RL RTL, '05 MDX Touring
367 Posts
I don't have experience with the aftermarket suspension parts (Mevotech or Dorman), but I'd check reviews online to see if you can discern how good those parts are. This is an area where I might pay up for the Honda parts, just because the quality of the bushings and ball joint in the aftermarket parts may not be as good.

For brakes, I don't see the need to buy OEM Honda parts. Centric stuff is pretty good (I have it on our '05 MDX and '09 Ridgeline). I usually prefer Akebono pads if available (though I tried Centric just to see how it was, and it's fine).

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
What is the cost difference for the aftermarket control arm vs. the OEM Honda part? There are good aftermarket manufacturers. If you do a search here for good LCA, or good control arm, you will probably bring up members experience with aftermarket parts. If the OEM cost is not ridiculous, and you are concerned about aftermarket parts, then you should purchase the OEM parts.

When I replaced the LCAs on my 2003, I purchased the cheapest generic knock-offs that I could find on Amazon. They worked out just fine. It's your call.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
96 Posts
The second selection in your post look to be genuine Honda parts. Just be careful with the shipping costs. I shopped around for some accessories for my 2022 Pilot and although I could get them from these discount suppliers (OEM) it was just about the same price to order it from my local Honda Dealership. Besides, if something does go wrong and you bought it from the dealership it's a lot easier to return it. For example, I wanted to order a set of running boards but the place wanted $60 for shipping. I contacted them since there were just 10 miles up the freeway from me but these do not offer "will call". I told them I would buy from them if they would let me pick it up but they refused. That also told me that if I needed to return it I would have to ship it back to them instead of just dropping it off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts