Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2019 Pilot Touring. I'm very frustrated with the adaptive cruise. It is so jerky that it makes me car sick and it slams on the brakes way harder than necessary sometimes. Do I have an issue with the car or does everyone experience this? I have a 2016 Subaru that has far superior adaptive cruise...Wishing that we had bought the Accent.

Thanks in advance for the feedback. I just want to know if I need to take it in for service.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have to get used to it. Adjust the distance. If you have it set wrong it wants to brake a lot. I didn't think I'd like it, but I got used to it pretty quick
Even at the shortest distance, it seems to leave too large of a gap. I constantly get people going around me on the highway to slip into that space.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OP, it sucks. Slow to speed up and quick to slam on the brakes. Don't bother taking it in for service.
Thanks...I was afraid of that. I did so much research before buying but didn't see this issue mentioned anywhere. I assumed that it would work as well as my Subaru so I didn't even test it before. Now I need a time machine...

·
Registered
1 Posts
The adaptive cruise in the current generation of the CR-V works great, as does the LKAS. I do not understand why Honda didn’t put the same system in the Pilot, Passport and Ridgeline. The Low Speed Follow on the CR-V is great.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I guess it depends on where you live. It works fine for me. No real traffic here. Maybe they did that because of morons. You know, the people that think that's autopilot and just let it drive for them?! LoL. Probably a lot of accidents blamed on these new systems

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would say that the adaptive cruise control on my 2019 pilot EXL AWD works okay.

But it is all relative. I personally believe it accelerates too quickly. That's because for the last five years I was driving a Ford fusion hybrid. And to eek out the best fuel economy, I would accelerate slowly.

in terms of distance behind the vehicle in front of me, I believe it works best for me with two bars shown on a control.

I think the adaptive cruise control could be smarter though. For instance, if I'm on a road doing 35 miles an hour and there's a relatively sharp bend in the road, and I am in the right lane, the vehicle will see the car ahead of me in the left lane as being in front of me. Which it is. But it's in a different Lane. And the vehicle slows down.

but aside from the example of being on a sharp turn, I feel that the pilot decelerates properly to my liking.

I did notice several examples where I was following the car ahead of me. Distance was set to four bars. A vehicle cut in between me and the vehicle in front of me. But because the vehicle that cut in was going faster than me by several miles per hour (maybe 3 to 5), my vehicle did not slow down. but if the vehicle that cut in is traveling at my speed, then the pilot views that distances being too close and will decelerate

I test drove using the adaptive cruise control and Lane keeping assist system. I test drove several vehicles that were offering safety features like that.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Now I understand why new vehicle drivers annoy the hell out of me. It is not them - it is their auto-pilots.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts