Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 pilot ex-l. With AC on and making a left hand turn there is hissing coming from glovebox area. Happens whether rear AC is on or off. Does not happen when AC is off. Pretty sure drain is clogged. Anyone know where it is? I found the small black nipple and not sure if this is just for rear AC it not? Is there a drain for the front AC and if so, where? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
15,157 Posts
Two drains one centrally under the console, the other passenger side towards wheel
Look like black tubes a little larger than a ball point with a hole at the end

·
Super Moderator
4,260 Posts
Once you figure where the outlets are, grab like a BBQ skewer and just stick it up those hoses a few times to loosen whatever was clogging the tubes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both! It was the front tube that was clogged. Took me a few min to figure out where it was as it's not a nipple like the one under the rear console, but a lenth of hose that is kind of grey in color due to all the road grime. Barely stuck a pen up there and out comes a few quarts of water and voila! No more hissing during left turns!!

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
pinch it like a nipple and fluid(water) comes out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Two drains one centrally under the console, the other passenger side towards wheel
Look like black tubes a little larger than a ball point with a hole at the end
To find the black tube, do I need to remove the passenger front tire?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts