Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in getting a lift installed. If anyone already did this, what is involved in the process? Do they have to pour concrete?

·
Registered
187 Posts
It depends on the type of lift. I don’t think that it is generally required to pour concrete as long as the existing slab is solid. Anchor bolts (studs) drilled into an existing slab are what I believe are typically used. Nuts fasten the posts to the studs that come out of the floor.

Typically a 2-post lift is connected at either the bottom or top with a cross member. Driving across a hump can be a pain, but hitting a top cross bar with your car can be a pain too.

I’ve got a scissor lift in my garage. It’s basically portable.

Four post lifts are good for storage.

Two posts are great for mechanic work.

Scissor lifts get in the way of any exhaust or drive shaft or transmission work.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anchor bolts (studs) drilled into an existing slab are what I believe are typically used. Nuts fasten the posts to the studs that come out of the floor.
Damn, this is scary! I thought there was an anchor below the concrete.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If installation instructions are what you are after, why not look up some new equipment installation guides at Greg Smith equipment or a similar place?

Concrete Thickness
Most of our two post and four post lifts require four inches of concrete with 3,000 lb. PSI strength. Please check our web site for the specifications of your lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
If your garage floor slab is in good shape, thick enough and mostly crack-free, then you can probably install a lift. If you are not familiar with drilling and setting anchor bolts, I recommend that you find an experienced professional to check out the slab and do the installation. Obviously, a loose post could be the cause for much unhappiness later on!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Reviving this old thread... I’m looking for first hand recommendations for a 4 post drive-on lift with bridge jack. Plan is to store a car on the lift during winter and also use the lift for maintenance and repairs.

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
4 post 👍
2 post 😬

Reactions: Sleepwalker65

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Where's @dr bob when you need him... rumor has it he has at least a dozen of each for his collection that rivals the Peterson Museum...

Reactions: plplplpl
1 - 8 of 8 Posts