Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am talking about the one above the main cat. I keep propping it with neodimium magnets after the bolt heads completely rusted out, but once a year I loose a magnet and then it rattles and irritates the hell out of me.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I am talking about the one above the main cat. I keep propping it with neodimium magnets after the bolt heads completely rusted out, but once a year I loose a magnet and then it rattles and irritates the hell out of me.
Any room in there for the metal tie downs ? strap it around the cat and the pipe ?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,946 Posts
My guess for the importance of the heat shield is that Honda put it there for a reason. If it was my Pilot I’d find a way to secure it.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess the idea is to prevent the heat from the cat from melting and ruining the paint on the underbody, but is that really required?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,946 Posts
Just looked under my 2005 and there are the rear heater core lines and the ac lines in the vicinity of the main catalytic converters. That’s probably what is being shielded from the exhaust heat.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Being that Honda is so darn cheap in spending to fix something it had to be there or Honda would have over looked it at the factory .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts