Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know 2019 Odyssey has brake hold, but i'm not sure if 2019 Pilot has it or not. Online search does not give info whether it has it or not. So can someone confirm please?
Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
It does not. I wish it did, but my guess is that Honda may incorporate it in the next generation. I would surely prefer that over the engine-stop feature.

·
Registered
270 Posts
On the Odessey they decided to put both brake hold and Idle stop but completely left it out on their most expensive car " The Pilot" makes no sense and no we are not comparing it to an MDX which also has both

·
Registered
302 Posts
I know 2019 Odyssey has brake hold, but i'm not sure if 2019 Pilot has it or not. Online search does not give info whether it has it or not. So can someone confirm please?
Thanks

Could this be what you are referring to? It does have:
Hill start assist system

Hill start assist keeps the brake engaged briefly to help prevent the vehicle from
rolling on inclines as you move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator.

Page 480 of owners manual.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There are videos on YouTube that show the hill assist feature. The operator drives up a hill on a Honda course and lets off the brake to demonstrate that the Pilot will not roll backward. I did not see any mention of a brake hold feature in those videos.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Because holding the brake for 60 seconds at a red light is too difficult? A solution to a problem that does not exist IMO. There are people complaining on the RDX forums that when brake hold is engaged the auto start/stop system seems to be disengaging it under certain circumstances causing the car to lurch forward unexpectedly. Truly a “feature” I’d never use and juts one more thing to break.

No thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Because holding the brake for 60 seconds at a red light is too difficult? A solution to a problem that does not exist IMO. There are people complaining on the RDX forums that when brake hold is engaged the auto start/stop system seems to be disengaging it under certain circumstances causing the car to lurch forward unexpectedly. Truly a “feature” I’d never use and juts one more thing to break.

No thanks!
I used it in my wife's hatch while we were stuck in SF traffic and found it to be most beneficial.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

No thanks!
I use that feature a lot on my C300 and love it. It helps you relax your foot/leg when you are in city with lights at every block.

·
Registered
232 Posts

No thanks!
My CR-V had it, I never gave it a thought for the first few weeks I had the car. I dam near forgot it. Then one day in bumper to bumper traffic I used it. Wow, I loved it! Like I said before its the one thing I miss about the CR-V

1 - 13 of 13 Posts