Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Dealer documentation fees (in addition to Tax/Title/License)?

• $0-50

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • $51-100

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • $101-200

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • $201-300

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I really got screwed!

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doc fees are in addition to Tax/Title/License, how much did the dealer charge for documentation fees?

$0-50
$51-100
$101-200
$200-300
I really got screwed

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I think in my case the dealer called it a "processing fee." Same difference.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
The doc fee was one of my bargaining items. Normally the dealer charges $125, but I got him to waive it for the "deal".

:)

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
I paid $51.xx at Grand Honda, IL.
Wow some dealers actually charge over $200 ??:mad:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My mistake on my vote. I went back to the contract an the doc fees were actually $389, so, my vote should have been "I really got screwed". Fortunately, I when I purchased, I worked off of an OTD price of $29,500 (Pilot+tax/title/license/doc fees + cargo tray) and let them absorb the difference in what they want to consider the "selling price" to be.

·
Registered
991 Posts
They can call it what they want, it is still a money grab.. I paid 0 bucks when it came to "Doc fees"

and also told them they can pay for all the little taxes like "battery,AC,Tire," etc.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
kemosabe said:
Criswell Honda charged $25.00
I bought my Pilot at Criswell, too, and realized after I had voted (incorrectly) for $250 that the "Documentation Fee" was actually only $25, as you had indicated, Kemosabe. But they did charge SOME fee of $250 as well. (Actually, both fees were "waived" as part of my deal.)

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Ziploc said:

I bought my Pilot at Criswell, too, and realized after I had voted (incorrectly) for $250 that the "Documentation Fee" was actually only $25, as you had indicated, Kemosabe. But they did charge SOME fee of $250 as well. (Actually, both fees were "waived" as part of my deal.)
$250? Hmmm.... I'd have to go back and look at my paperwork to see if there was an anonymous $250 charged to my purchase order (off hand, I don't recall one being tacked on, though). Who was your salesperson at Criswell, Ziploc? I dealt with several: Nora, Shane, and Derrick...

·
Registered
54 Posts
$51 at Steven's Creek Honda, San Jose, CA

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
kemosabe said:

$250? Hmmm.... I'd have to go back and look at my paperwork to see if there was an anonymout $250 charged to my purchase order (off hand, I don't recall one being tacked on, though). Who was your salesperson at Criswell, Ziploc? I dealt with several: Nora, Shane, and Derrick...
We dealt with a brand-new salesman by the name of Frank. In fact, we were his first sale.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts