Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #81 ·

Registered
2005 Honda pilot EX-L (Big Ronda)
Ya, I won't be a Tesla owner fearing being cut off.
Yeah, same hear. Plus the Tesla community on the surface is pretty pompous at best. Pn my recent Vegas trip. Im waiting for the valet to bring Ronda around. (It was a hilarious watching Mercedes-Benz's, Bmw's and, various exotics being valet then out comes big ronda 馃ぃ) One of the valets made the mistake of saying "hey nice car" to a new Tesla owner. The guy got really excited and started showing off the goofy features it has. The valet could careless but, didnt want to be rude and endured this for 20+ minutes. We drove off while the car was dancing 馃槅 and the valet had an unimpressed look on his face. All in 115 degree heat.

Registered
And can we dispense with the vestigial appendage of how many tenths of a cent already?
That fraction of a cent dates back to about the time Model T's ruled the streets. Gas was only a few pennies a gallon and that fraction of a cent had something to do with tax.
Nowadays they keep doing it for the same reason a lot of stores price junk ONE CENT below a solid dollar figure.
Though these days, talking fractions of a cent is really anal.

Yeah, same hear. Plus the Tesla community on the surface is pretty pompous at best. Pn my recent Vegas trip. Im waiting for the valet to bring Ronda around. (It was a hilarious watching Mercedes-Benz's, Bmw's and, various exotics being valet then out comes big ronda 馃ぃ) One of the valets made the mistake of saying "hey nice car" to a new Tesla owner. The guy got really excited and started showing off the goofy features it has. The valet could careless but, didnt want to be rude and endured this for 20+ minutes. We drove off while the car was dancing 馃槅 and the valet had an unimpressed look on his face. All in 115 degree heat.
"Big Ronda" sounds like it could be the ring lead at the women's prison. 馃槅 The Pilot is an effin huge SUV though...

And with those teslas, what exactly is so great about them? Last time I remember some brand being so "uppity" it was BMW. Anyone I have known who owns a BMW complains about the problems and price of repairs.
If someone wants a luxury car that is also dependable, go with Lexus or Acura (fancy Toyota and Honda)

I wonder if the Tesla/BMW/Mercedes crowd would be impressed if I parked my 95 Corolla alongside their snooty-mobiles?

Registered
That fraction of a cent dates back to about the time Model T's ruled the streets. Gas was only a few pennies a gallon and that fraction of a cent had something to do with tax.
Nowadays they keep doing it for the same reason a lot of stores price junk ONE CENT below a solid dollar figure.
Though these days, talking fractions of a cent is really anal.

"Big Ronda" sounds like it could be the ring lead at the women's prison. 馃槅 The Pilot is an effin huge SUV though...

And with those teslas, what exactly is so great about them? Last time I remember some brand being so "uppity" it was BMW. Anyone I have known who owns a BMW complains about the problems and price of repairs.
If someone wants a luxury car that is also dependable, go with Lexus or Acura (fancy Toyota and Honda)

I wonder if the Tesla/BMW/Mercedes crowd would be impressed if I parked my 95 Corolla alongside their snooty-mobiles?
They probably look down at your peasant poverty spec Corolla!

Not knowing they are literally setting money on fire. Especially BMW owners.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #85 ·

Registered
BMW owners?
Guess I need to sell mine. The stigma is killing me. Lol
They aren't bad cars under 80-100k mileage. After that they become maintenance nightmares. Its mostly the plastics and electronics. The engines are actually great mechanically. I've worked on alot of N54 and N55 power vehicle's. Fast as hell but, man they break alot 馃槄. We broke plastic coolant lines pulling turbos and we barely touched them. The V8's are just the worst.
The best way to own one is under lease or under warranty or if you DIY them. Ive owned a 03 E53 X5 sport with the M54 Inline 6. Great truck had the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in and great on the highway. The down fall was every weekend I was repairing something and it was gas hog. Before that a 1997 E36 328IS coupe which was actually very reliable, Same with the 2 E30's 325is and 325I. I loved all those cars and really enjoyed them. It's just a never ending project with the post 2000's models it seems.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
They aren't bad cars under 80-100k mileage. After that they become maintenance nightmares. Its mostly the plastics and electronics. The engines are actually great mechanically. I've worked on alot of N54 and N55 power vehicle's. Fast as hell but, man they break alot 馃槄. We broke plastic coolant lines pulling turbos and we barely touched them. The V8's are just the worst.
The best way to own one is under lease or under warranty or if you DIY them. Ive owned a 03 E53 X5 sport with the M54 Inline 6. Great truck had the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in and great on the highway. The down fall was every weekend I was repairing something and it was gas hog. Before that a 1997 E36 328IS coupe which was actually very reliable, Same with the 2 E30's 325is and 325I. I loved all those cars and really enjoyed them. It's just a never ending project with the post 2000's models it seems.
I've only owned my X5 about 2 years. Bought it at a bargain price. Haven't had to do much to it so far. The Mrs and I use it when we need to dress nice.
炉\(銉)/炉

Registered
That's been about it lately. Since the pandemic.
At this point though, the effects of the pandemic are merely residual. I know some counties have tighter restrictions but where I am, things are back to normal except in medical or govt buildings. Even in them I am not sure though cause I go to neither very often.

Registered
At this point though, the effects of the pandemic are merely residual. I know some counties have tighter restrictions but where I am, things are back to normal except in medical or govt buildings. Even in them I am not sure though cause I go to neither very often.
Staying off questionable topics but I can share a deal鈥..
Funny how sanitizers, gloves and wipes became over-priced sought after necessities are suddenly dropping and clearance priced to unload perhaps the fears can subside as quickly as it started.

Rectangle Font Handwriting Material property Paper

Registered
Staying off questionable topics but I can share a deal鈥..
Funny how sanitizers, gloves and wipes became over-priced sought after necessities are suddenly dropping and clearance priced to unload perhaps the fears can subside as quickly as it started.
I understand about questionable, maybe I should not have brought it up.

With that deal though, yeah, stores can hardly GIVE those away now. Not even Goodwill. If you are not in the USA, Goodwill is our biggest chain of thrift stores. I do MY part to keep them in business.
I think Goodwill probably moves more Christmas music LP's than those "necessities".

EDIT - Hey man honestly, those things might be good for cleaning some of the oil and grease off whatever engine repair one is doing. I mean at THAT price, you might as well call it "free".

Hmmm, So about shutting off our engines at the gas pumps...

Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens peque帽o sparus tyre.
I look forward to the day in the not too distant future, I hope, when excess remainder stock of facemasks will become the new shoprag. For more than one reason. :)

Registered
Oh snap!
Forgot to read the fine print when buying a Tesla. No giving negative publicity on the internet.
Never seen a company or CEO with such rabbit ears. And his outright defiance of the SEC mandates and how he acts in court with them. This is a man who thinks he is untouchable.

BMW owners?
Guess I need to sell mine. The stigma is killing me. Lol
No, it resembles you...

I look forward to the day in the not too distant future, I hope, when excess remainder stock of facemasks will become the new shoprag. For more than one reason. :)
You and me both! But, with the Delta variant, at this point I'll just settle for not having to wear them indoors again.

Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
Never seen a company or CEO with such rabbit ears. And his outright defiance of the SEC mandates and how he acts in court with them. This is a man who thinks he is untouchable.

No, it resembles you...

You and me both! But, with the Delta variant, at this point I'll just settle for not having to wear them indoors again.
Yes its a Tesla........

Registered
Discussion Starter · #96 ·

Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
Mandatory to shut down engine before they turn the pump on. So I have no choice.
Although, when I fuel my flatbed, I never shut it down. Diesel station here does not seem to care.

Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
Mandatory to shut down engine before they turn the pump on. So I have no choice.
Although, when I fuel my flatbed, I never shut it down. Diesel station here does not seem to care.
That is because diesel does not have the same level of volatility that gasoline does. We all know what happens if you drop a match on a pool of gasoline. If you drop a match on a pool of diesel then the match goes out. Diesel needs more heat to reach the flammability point, than gasoline.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts