Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Planet Honda in NJ today and here is what I was offered for Honda Pilot EX-L:

$649 per month for 39 months with 2500 down and 12,000 miles.

What do you think of this price, how much are you paying for similar terms?

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
MSRP of EX-L is $30500....

ok...lets get this straight...
you pay $650 for 39 month = $25350 + $ 2500 = $27850

and then return the car...does'nt seem too fair to me IMHO
:mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
...just received a quote on an EX with Cloth.

$1,200 down, $400.00/month for 48 months. $15,675 residual on the back end. 15,000 miles per year. This is from a high volume dealer in the Boston area. The one you were quoted seems very high.

I do like the local dealer and sales rep, but I am getting more quotes because I am certain I can do a lot better.

FYI...

·
Registered
204 Posts
dpattanas said:
I went to Planet Honda in NJ today and here is what I was offered for Honda Pilot EX-L:

Just pay an extra 100 per month, you will own it without any mileage restriction. I think it is ridiculous, MikeB's is more reasonable.

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
That's beyond outrageous.

www.leasecompare.com

BTW, if you've never leased before it would behoove you to do some research. For example, IMO you should *never* put anything down on a lease. I also think it's a mistake to lease beyond the manufacturer's warranty period.

A lease of 36 or 39 months with NOTHING down on that car (drive-off stuff only - TTL) should be in the mid to high 400's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The $1,200 down included registration, first month, tax, and a bunch of other fees they get you for up front. The 1,200 was not cap reduction.
FYI

·
Registered
26 Posts
dpattanas - You are getting robbed!

Based on FULL MSRP (i.e., sticker price), my lease payment is $478/mo. No money down. I paid the tax, trailer hitch and 1st month pmt up front (12k/36mos). GO TO A DIFFERENT DEALER!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
dpattanas said:

Did they give you the common courtesy of a reach-around, a kiss and vaseline?

That's crazy!

I looked into leasing before I bought. I could have put down $ 500 on an EX-L RES, had 17,000 miles a year for 48 months, gap insurance coverage and a 4 year/75,000 mile warranty for $532 a month over 4 years. The residual would have been about $ 16,000. I decided to buy instead.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
dpattanas said:
...$649 per month for 39 months with 2500 down and 12,000 miles...
Ouch. What was the interest rate they were giving you?

Go for the 60 month purchase and you can own it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Re: Re: Do you think this lease price is ridiculous?

tim.s said:
Ouch. What was the interest rate they were giving you?

Go for the 60 month purchase and you can own it.
With less monthly payment, no down pay and no mileage limit.

Man, this is outrageous!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They wouldn't show the interest rates. I probably should have walked out after dealing with the sales man for 15 minutes. He was new and didn't seem to know much about the product line. I probaly could have been a better sales person that the guy that we dealt with. Well I won't be purchasing a Honda Pilot, since I already purchased and drove off with another vehicle today.

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
MikeB said:
The $1,200 down included registration, first month, tax, and a bunch of other fees they get you for up front. The 1,200 was not cap reduction.
FYI
Understood...I was actually referring to dpattanas' $2500 down figure, which I assumed was a cap cost reduction rather than the driveoff. Of course, either way, there's a cap cost reduction in there :)

Thanks for indicating an approximate driveoff w/no cap cost reduction for comparison!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
dpattanas said:

[ S N I P P E D ]

Well I won't be purchasing a Honda Pilot, since I already purchased and drove off with another vehicle today.
What did you end up purchasing instead of the Pilot?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
kemosabe said:

What did you end up purchasing instead of the Pilot?
Nissan Murano, the dealership was a couple miles down the road a just said what the heck. To me anyway my initial impressions as I saw the car up close was WOW! The styling is very unique, it's probably a love, hate relationship. This car probably isn't for everybody, but I received a better deal on the lease and also get to drive a car with more features than the Pilot I was looking at.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Cool!! As long as you're happy with the decision, that's the important thing!! :4: Hmmm, I actually like the Murano 's looks -- it is unique-looking, kind of like a small, sporty station wagon (for lack of a better description)... :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
kemosabe said:
- it is unique-looking, kind of like a small, sporty station wagon (for lack of a better description)... :)
Yeah kemosabe, I think it has the PT Cruiser'ish look.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's definately a love/hate relationship. Upon first seeing that vehicle "hideous" came to mind. But many people dislike the Pilot's styling. Anyway, good luck with it dpattanas !!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Remember that Leasing is just like buying in some ways....

1. Never tell a dealer you want to lease up front.

2. Negotiate the vehicle price before you talk cash, finance or lease.

3. When leasing always get the numbers in writing, many states require the dealer give you this.

4. Do your homework 1st, just like buying, know the going interest rates for leases, vehicle cost, and likely residual value...the rest is just math...and everyone LOVES math.:eek:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
hashiru said:
Remember that Leasing is just like buying in some ways....

1. Never tell a dealer you want to lease up front.

2. Negotiate the vehicle price before you talk cash, finance or lease.

3. When leasing always get the numbers in writing, many states require the dealer give you this.

4. Do your homework 1st, just like buying, know the going interest rates for leases, vehicle cost, and likely residual value...the rest is just math...and everyone LOVES math.:eek:
You forgot one rule;
Never lease (Unless you are writing off the expense to a business!)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Lease Price

I am paying $520 per month, with nothing down, 4 year 60,000 miles. Includes 4th year of bumper to bumper warranty. To boot they gave me 17,000 cash for my paid off CRV

1 - 20 of 21 Posts