Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am not a fan of using an AGM battery under the hood where exposed to high heat. I believe it negates the longevity benefit. On other vehicles we own, the battery is in the trunk of under the rear seat and those batteries can be AGM. I would stick with a traditional flooded lead acid battery on a Pilot as this is what the manufacturer specs. Otherwise I wholeheartedly concur with the "do it right the first time" approach. People trade cars because they complain of loss of reliability but that loss often if not always results from improper, low balled repairs with inferior parts. Repair the car correctly, have people who know what they are doing and add in factory parts and you will realize the 250k mile service life a good car can deliver. This approach is far cheaper than taking a car loan every two, three, or four years. Also clean and detail a few times a year so you don't look uninsured and you will be good to go. ;-)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.