Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Do you remember to use auto up?

• I almost always remember to use the auto up

Votes: 67 80.7%
  • I remember to use it about half the time

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • I rarely remember to use it. Old habits never die!

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I really like the window auto up feature, but I keep forgetting to use it! Everyday when I enter/exit the parking garage, the card reader is just before a bend and it's nice to be able to pull forward, tap the up button and take the corner while putting my card away at the same time. The problem is I find myself sitting at the beginning of the bend and holding the up button until the window is closed. It's an old habit to break! So how many of you do this?

·
Registered
61 Posts
ALL THE TIME!!

Once I found this great feature it's used every time I have to put the window back up. :29:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I use it all the time. Problem now is that I am so use to the auto up feature that I accidentally try to do it in the 99 Accord and the 74 Benz...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
NO ...

·
Registered
61 Posts
2k3_nbp said:
I use it all the time. Problem now is that I am so use to the auto up feature that I accidentally try to do it in the 99 Accord and the 74 Benz...

Funny that you mentioned that....wife drove the Pilot today, (well actually it was our son in for the day with his Mom) and I found myself trying the auto up on the Civic!!1 DUHHHHH!!!!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I always auto up. It just ruins you. I now try to auto up our other cars. I go nowhere with that.

2003 #09131 SS EX

·
Registered
138 Posts
Definately a nice feature. My 99 accord do not have this feature... :(

Especially after passing any toll booth. :2:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I like it, but I would like to see it on the windows from the drivers side. My 95 530it has auto down for all windows and auto up for just the drivers windows.

On the Pilot it looks like it is just the switch that controls it. I might look into getting 3 more and installing them. Not sure if it will void anything

·
Registered
111 Posts
No only do I always auto-up, I keep thinking I have it on all windows. In fact, I discovered that the button that controls the right rear passenger window (from the driver's door panel) is sticky, and so it acts like an auto-up as well :D Now I need to figure out what made this button sticky so I can make all the other passenger window buttons sticky as well.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
always remember...and now I think my other car also has it and keep expecting it to happen on that too

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
puccetti said:
I like it, but I would like to see it on the windows from the drivers side. My 95 530it has auto down for all windows and auto up for just the drivers windows.

On the Pilot it looks like it is just the switch that controls it. I might look into getting 3 more and installing them. Not sure if it will void anything
Nope its the Motor, switch, and controller.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The motor is different for auto-up??? What makes it different?

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I use the auto down, then the auto up feature twice every workday- entering and exiting the swipe-card controlled parking garage.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now this is an OLD thread. Since posting this long ago, I've become used to this feature and use it without missing a beat. In fact, it now bothers me when I'm in my wife's Sienna that doesn't have this feature!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I use it pretty consistently. Wish it was at least on the passenger front side too. Those are the 2 windows that are down the most.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
ChuckW said:
My guess would be that it has power feed back for the "anti-pinch" feature. So when the motor (or controller) senses too much load on the motor it reverses.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
ChuckW said:
My guess would be that it has power feed back for the "anti-pinch" feature. So when the motor (or controller) senses too much load on the motor it reverses.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts