Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always been taking the CD's out when I'm ready to switch to the radio and just meld with nature. I know it does get very hot in the radio area because after popping out a CD after some time it's sometimes quite warm.

Is there any harm in leaving a CD in all the time or do you typically remove them after you're done with them. I've read that CD's can warp if they get too hot and it seems to me that leaving one in the player to bake in the sun all day may in fact do just that.

CD In ? :20: :17:

or CD Out ? :13:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I leave them in ALL the time and there hasn't been any problems. We leave them in our Accord too.

Unfortunately, I also leave in tapes. From past history I know that is not good since it is somewhat engaged while it is in there, unlike the CD.

·
Registered
919 Posts
No worries! I've been using car CD head units since the late 80's, have always left them in the slot and have never had any issues. And I'm pretty darn picky about my CDs. I handle them so that I don't touch the media side and don't set them on any surface, media side down to avoid scratches. I have friends who just toss them around like frisbees and I cringe.

Chris

·
Registered
128 Posts
CD In ? :20: :17:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... are you SUPPOSED to take them out?

(feeling like I'm about to learn something)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like it's pretty safe to leave them in copperpoppy but I may become a bit more cautious in the Arizona heat. Just my $.02 :D

·
Registered
698 Posts
Cheesehead said:
Sounds like it's pretty safe to leave them in copperpoppy but I may become a bit more cautious in the Arizona heat. Just my $.02 :D
I tend to be, shall I say, "risk averse." (Fancy title for "chicken") I think I'll start taking them out.

Do they warp or something if you leave them in there?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I haven't had any problems leaving CDs in the player in Las Vegas over the past four years and that holds true with the Pilot in the last three months. Leaving them in the sun is another story.:D

·
Registered
698 Posts
The first CD player I had was in my Accord, and I never had a pattern for either keeping them in or taking them out. I did what I wanted. If there is a slight possibility that it might be a problem, I think I'll just err on the side of caution.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts