Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Pilot, and when I try to open the trunk from the interior button next to the gas tank opener, it doesn't work 100% of the time. The gas tank opens just fine tho. I was wondering if you have to hold the button or something, or if if the button is bad. Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
98 Posts
I also have 2020 Pilot, and yes you have to hold it down for few seconds until you hear the beep.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mine is only working if I unlock the doors first.

Also, if I try to drop someone off and they need to grab something from the back I would need to put the car in park, it will not open if I just keep my foot on the brake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
Mine is only working if I unlock the doors first.

Also, if I try to drop someone off and they need to grab something from the back I would need to put the car in park, it will not open if I just keep my foot on the brake.

It's working exactly as designed then.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yep. I find it annoying and cumbersome but it is what it is. I do understand the reasoning behind it.

·
Administrator
4,878 Posts
I do to, sadly though there are those out in this world that don't understand basic safety concepts.

That's why on curling iron packaging it says "Do not insert into any orifice" and on Preparation H, "For external use only" to name just a couple.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it only works if you hold the button, it's in park, and the doors are unloked?

·
Administrator
4,878 Posts
Mine will work if the vehicle is turned off, door open or closed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts