Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Guys,

FYI: just pop in and report, code P0847 on torque OBD2 ( transmission fluid B sensor) . I order both 28610-R36-004 and 28600-R97-003 ( $36/EA) .
Replaced 28610-R36-004 by remove lower plastic and remove sensor -(#12 in the picture) 22mm wrench ... clear the code by disc. the battery terminal .... Recheck all clear today.

Note, for AFT drain and fill, you need exactly 3.5 qts to get to minimum level.

This is for 2013 Pilot EX-L.

Dong

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just did this in the hopes that my shuddering will go away. It took like 45 minutes, a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I just passed 203,000 on my 2005. I will keep you posted if it helped the shuddering. The 3rd gear switch (28610-RAY-003) is right behind a plastic shroud. 4th gear (28600-RAY-003) is right above it and has a 4 stamped on it :)
All I did was remove the driver's side tire, unhooked some plastic guards and it was right there. Switches found on Amazon for $30 a pop.

Semper Fi

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
For my 2005 Honda Pilot EX, I ordered my 4th and 3rd transmission oil switches from hondapartswholesaledirect.com (Colonial Honda in MA). Richard from parts department indicated that the new Part numbers are:

4th switch or 28600-RAY-003 = 28600-RAY-013, which has now been replaced by 28600-RKE-004.
3rd switch or 28610-RAY-003 has now been replaced by 28610-RKE-004

Can somebody please verify that the new part numbers are correct cross references to the old originals? They do not match on any Honda parts websites so I am nervous to install the switches.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just changed my 3rd and 4th gear pressure sensors on a 2003 Pilot and thought I'd add some pictures. Unfortunately it did not solve my late shifting problem. Changed the fluid and the switches and I'm afraid it might be outside of the DIY area. How bad is a transaxle change, anyway? :crying:

Autozone had them in stock, but I won't mention the price.

I didn't have a 22mm deep socket for the sensors, but a 13/16 worked fine. These don't take a lot of torque.

You can't see the jack stand, but it was there. I had to replace several inner fender fasteners- I think they are supposed to be 8mm, but the 5/16th nylon nuts made for GM products work fine.

10mm socket on the lower bolt covering the sheild over the first sensor. The longer bolt goes on the bottom.

The first sensor with the shield off.

This shows the socket on the second sensor to give an idea of where is is. The ratchet is a harbor freight special and the pivots have saved me a few times.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I still had shuddering problems after this and decided to take it to a local shop and have the tranny flushed. I am now at 215,000 and shifts nice and smooth. Last time I did the transmission I only did a drain and fill which only changes like half the fluid.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
900 Posts
When I did mine, I went from the top down and not in from the side, 4th gear only had issues. It wasn't impossible, but I had to remove the battery, battery tray and air intake to get enough room to operate in. Be sure you capture the crush washer and replace it when you replace the sensor else you will have tranny fluid all over your floor.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We just had the 3rd and 4th gear pressure switches replaced and it seems to be driving much better. There is still a slight hesitation shifting into 2nd gear though....is there another pressure switch for that gear that we should change as well (I can't seem to find any information other than on the 3rd and 4th gear switches)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Having a similar issue as vinsonj on my 2005. Late shifts 1st to 2nd. I ease of the gas to help it shift then continue accelerating. No issues with other gears/shift points. If I don't ease off the gas, it eventually slams hard into 2nd, usually triggering the flashing D.
Can anybody comment on what 'pressure switch' or 'shift solenoid' I should be suspect of? Oh, and no P07xx codes (yet).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Having a similar issue as vinsonj on my 2005. Late shifts 1st to 2nd. I ease of the gas to help it shift then continue accelerating. No issues with other gears/shift points. If I don't ease off the gas, it eventually slams hard into 2nd, usually triggering the flashing D.
Can anybody comment on what 'pressure switch' or 'shift solenoid' I should be suspect of? Oh, and no P07xx codes (yet).
Just got a code: P0746 Pressure Control Solenoid A Performance/Stuck Off

1 - 14 of 14 Posts