Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally plucked up the courage to drill holes in my fenders.:29:

I wanted something that was subtle, bright, cheap and make my intentions know to anyone that was flanking me.
I came across these 3/4 inch Combination Clearance Marker lights made by Maxxima.

Purchased mine from here: 3/4" Combination Clearance Marker Light - PartsSystems

My choice were the clear markers with orange LED's and the additional steel grommet. You can leave them with the black stock rubber grommet but I wanted a little bling.:D

These lights can also be found on EBay at a lower price. I avoid the Bay now due to PayPal fraud account useage problems.

Apply masking tape to the area to be drilled. Once your 3/4 inch hole is drilled where you like it but some primer/touch up paint to reduce rust.
The light I received came with a bullet connector I cut those off and used Posi Locks and Posi Taps to make all my connections. Solder is always best but I'm sold on the Posi's.
Decide how much wiring you'll need to run to reach your blinkers and wrap everything with electrical tape. The Led's are completely waterproof which is nice.
I had 16 gauge wiring on hand green and black which worked out perfectly.

Wiring: Led Lights/// Vehicle Blinkers Front

Black /// Green

Ground White /// Black Ground

/// Red Don't use

Wiring this way is the way they do it in Europe and the lights only come on when the blinkers are activated. Off every other time.

Rubber grommet removed from Led light and placed in hole first. End result is nice in my opinion and no hyper blinking, light also come on with hazards.
Special thanks to CMasten for all of his help.:29::31:

First time write up, not easy.lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks good! Thanks for the write-up. I've kicked around the idea of putting LED markers in my side view mirrors.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wwong has a fantastic write up on installing Muth mirror signal indicators. That will probably be my next mod when funds allow.:29:

Local installer wants as much as they cost to install them.:headshak:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts