Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Services to be performed:
Replace engine oil.
Rotate tires (follow pattern on page 311 in your Owner's Manual).
Replace engine oil filter.
Check parking brake adjustment.
Inspect brake hoses and lines (including ABS).
Check all fluid levels, condition of fluids, and check for leaks.
Inspect exhaust system.*
Inspect fuel lines and connections.*
Inspect cooling system hoses and connections.
Inspect front and rear brakes.
Inspect tie-rod ends, steering gear box and boots.
Inspect suspension components.
Inspect driveshaft boots.
* = See information on maintenance and emissions warranty, last column, page 273 in your owner's manual.
Replace rear differential fluid. (Necessary for proper break-in of the VTM-4 rear differential.)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This thread is the result of some opinions expressed in this other Maintenance thread. My hope is that we can poll our knowledge and expertise to help others perform these scheduled maintenance items. Most are inspections only, some are a little more complex.

Here's the plan. I will do my best to maintain this tread. As submissions are made I will update the items above with links to those items. Those of you who plan on performing these steps yourselfs please take pictures of yourself performing the maintenance along with an explanation of how to do the step. You can title your new thread whatever you want and PM me with what you did and a link to your thread or the title of your thread. Also try to rate your thread on a 1 to 5 wrench scale, 1 being easiest, 5 should be left to the experts.
I will try to consolidate each thread here.

Please do not actually post your maintenance item here. I think it would be easier for everyone if this thread stayed as clean as possible.

If anyone has an suggestions on how best to manage this please post that idea in the thread linked above.

I'll also create a DIY 30K Service thread so those of you who have performed those unique steps can help me there as well.

Thank you in advance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts