Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Ditch your Pilot For A 2020 Crosstour?

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Nail Grease 
#1 ·
Honda has been teasing us for a while on this. I'd be tempted. I'll believe it when I see it.

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't care much for that concept but I always liked the idea of the Crosstour... unfortunately it just wasn't popular.

Honestly I'd rather have a 6 speed manual in a Ridgelne, Pilot or Passport over a Crosstour if we are taking hits off the crackpipe right now.

#7 ·
My last manual shift was a 99 Civic. I was ok with it until I got in stop and go bumper to bumper traffic. Manual shift in a 4200Lb vehicle like the Pilot, makes me tired thinking about it. I'd definitely want to test drive one to see how firm the clutch is. I like the reliability of a manual shift.

#4 ·
I would love to have a new Crosstour. I traded my 2015 Crosstour for my Pilot, but I would get another one in a heartbeat! I know most people either really hate the look or they really love the look. I personally have always like the look of the crossover coupes like the BMW X6/Mercedes GLE. I also like the look of the new VW Atlas Cross Sport.

#5 ·
In 2016, I ended up buying a 2016 Nissan Pathfinder V6 because I couldn't find a new Crosstour anywhere in my state. I put 30,000 miles on it and sold it. I couldn't stand the vehicle. My 2012 Crosstour I kept. It Now has 230k miles. It's been a great car. I love this car so much, Last year I bought one wrecked with 86k and restored it.

#8 ·
In 2016, I ended up buying a 2016 Nissan Pathfinder V6 because I couldn't find a new Crosstour anywhere in my state. I put 30,000 miles on it and sold it. I couldn't stand the vehicle. My 2012 Crosstour I kept. It Now has 230k miles. It's been a great car. I love this car so much, Last year I bought one wrecked with 86k and restored it. View attachment 134661
So is this the only way you buy vehicles? Have you been burnt before? I consider myself pretty handy around the garage but I can't get past the risk that I spend all the time and money and hit the key and the thing never works right.

My last manual shift was a 99 Civic. I was ok with it until I got in stop and go bumper to bumper traffic. Manual shift in a 4200Lb vehicle like the Pilot, makes me tired thinking about it. I'd definitely want to test drive one to see how firm the clutch is. I like the reliability of a manual shift.
I've had a Tacoma and Pathfinder that were manuals. Sure, the clutches weren't as light as my Accord or Civic Si, but they weren't a nuisance in traffic. Now my Impala has a mechanical clutch, that will wear my leg out driving in traffic. Also, I don't have to ride the clutch too much on my Impala (283 3 speed) so I doubt with a 6 speed it would a pain to get moving. Honda has traditionally had featherweight clutches with easy engagement, I'd expect nothing less.

I just like the engagement factor, I hate when automatics aren't in the right gear or the gear I think they should be in and I can anticipate and prepare sooner in a manual than in an automatic. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Nail Grease
#10 ·
Yea I'm good with all the nuts and bolts parts, wiring, etc. it's the bodywork where I would get screwed. I can buy new panels and line them up but finding someone to do the paint/body/fixes beyond my skill would cost me an arm and both legs since I have no contacts.

Do you get to see the vehicles before you buy them or are they auction vehicles? By the time you finished and were "all in" for costs on the Crosstour and Pilot, how did you end up doing vs. buying a used example?

Also, is it bad if I say I prefer the ZDX? I thought that was a real concept car for the road and it had the 3.7 w/ (I believe) VTEC on the intake AND exhaust sides, so it is one of the vehicles at the pinnacle of Honda engine performance off the showroom floor.

#11 · (Edited)
I painted nothing exterior. Spray can primer on welds and exposed metal. Bought body parts with the same color from a junk yard, Hood and Fender.
Welding in your new radiator core support is the most important part. This effects the whole job. How the Hood, hood latch, fender, headlights, grille, bumper line up properly.

Never saw any of the auction vehicles before I bought. Think worst case scenario. Search VIN before, Car Fax.
ZDX is awsome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.