Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

141 - 160 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you know you can go to the dealership and get it fixed? And if they don’t fix it after the 3rd try they have to buy it back
I'd rather avoid giving them the opportunity to start pulling the car apart. Also, I believe that this is strictly an issue with carplay and IOS updates. Mine malfunctioned at precisely the moment that a carplay update appeared on the infotainment system. If a reboot is all it takes to correct the problem its not worth the time and hassle it would take going back and forth to the dealer for a lemon law claim. By all accounts, this is not a problem that will get progressively worse. Its just a very minor inconvenience and who knows how often.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Are you saying that they are buying back 2020 pilots sold within the last 2 months?If this is true please provide some information about this policy.
Have you tried calling amrican Honda and complained to them and you tell them you want it fixed instead of waisting your time here

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you tried calling amrican Honda and complained to them and you tell them you want it fixed instead of waisting your time here
It has become clear from this thread that the problem cannot be "fixed" until/unless Honda issues a software fix.
Since that has not happened in the 2 years that they have been selling these vehicles, the question becomes - How severe is this problem, and is it likely to escalate as the car gets older.
I've have not heard anything in this thread or elsewhere that leads me to believe that the problem will be more than a slight nuisance from time to time.
Also, as my car is leased, I have an out if after 3 years I am unsatisfied.
This problem aside, I'm very happy with the car and especially the lease terms that I have for the next 3 years.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It has become clear from this thread that the problem cannot be "fixed" until/unless Honda issues a software fix.
Since that has not happened in the 2 years that they have been selling these vehicles, the question becomes - How severe is this problem, and is it likely to escalate as the car gets older.
I've have not heard anything in this thread or elsewhere that leads me to believe that the problem will be more than a slight nuisance from time to time.
Also, as my car is leased, I have an out if after 3 years I am unsatisfied.
This problem aside, I'm very happy with the car and especially the lease terms that I have for the next 3 years.
You spend 40-50k for the vehicle and you call it a slight nuisance? Oh my god

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had the same problem twice since I took delivery on Oct 19. In both cases the problem occurred when using CarPlay - music will just shutoff and the unit becomes unresponsive and won't turn off just like you described. Pulling the fuse (#29 in the underhood fusebox on passenger side IIRC) for a few seconds and re-inserting performs a hard reboot. Did the problem occur for you consistently or was this just the first instance since you got the car?
I had same issue of screen doesnt get off even after vehicle turned off...seems in hung state. Opened Hood and at the passenger side fuse box i removed #29 fuse and put it back which reset the screen.
All worked perfect. Fuse remove tool is on the cover itself and legend marking as well for #s in there...keep the cover following FR direction to Front...you all set. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
To be honest, for me the best option is the $19 foldable silicone keyboard. You press Ctrl-Alt-Del even with the vehicle running, and it reboots immediately the head unit, while a final solution is released.

I know this problem is annoying, but I prefer to fix it without remove the fuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have a new 2019 Pilot and today I started to have a problem with the Display Audio. It's actually a series of problems:
  • The screen never turns off. I was at home twice for about 40 minutes and I was shopping for about 20 minutes and each time after I came back to the car, even before I unlocked the door, I could see that the screen was on.
  • The rear view camera doesn't turn on anymore when the car is in reverse.
  • None of the audio-related things work. I tried FM radio, satellite radio and CarPlay. Each of these three worked before but not anymore. I see messages like "Radio unavailable".
  • Many functions are not available because the car permanently things that it's "in motion" and the message asks me to "Please try again when stopped". This even after I just unlocked the car, started the engine and kept the car in park all the time.
  • I can enter a destination in the navigation system and it will create a route to there but it will not re-route me when I decide to take a different turn.
It's a Sunday, so I can't go to a dealer. I tried the "Emergency Service" but they said that they can't help me.

I am worried that the screen being on overnight might drain the battery and I am annoyed that I can't use the rear view camera or listen to anything.

I bet that all that is needed is a reboot of the system, but I couldn't find any instructions for this in the manual or in my web search. Anyone knows how to reboot it? Or maybe you have other tips?

I'm also worried that when I show up at the dealer, they will want to keep my car for a few hours rather than just rebooting the system in a few minutes. The dealer close to me is always busy and there are may customers in the service department the whole time.

Thanks in advance for help!
I had this exact thing happen to me last Sunday. After being frustrated being up in the mountains for a hike and having to rush thinking I might be stranded due to power drain, stopped for gas on the way home. Low and behold, the system resets when you open the gas cap and corrects the issue. INSANE! That’s crazy to me. No issues since then. I’m on my 2nd pilot as the first version was riddled with computer problems. I love my pilot, but for the money, i’m about to say good bye to honda altogther if they don’t repair it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had this happen to me this morning...2019 EXL w RES and NAV and about 15k miles.

iPhone plugged in using Carplay to listen to Spotify and run Google maps. Got the loud beep sound then sound went dead. I found this thread, yanked the fuse for the radio and the backup camera, just in case, and all was well. Then same b.s. driving this afternoon. Yanked again and now its sitting in my driveway. Looks like I'll be buying the foldable keyboard. This is insanity. Friggin cars running on windows as someone in this thread said.

·
Registered
309 Posts
To be honest, for me the best option is the $19 foldable silicone keyboard. You press Ctrl-Alt-Del even with the vehicle running, and it reboots immediately the head unit, while a final solution is released.

I know this problem is annoying, but I prefer to fix it without remove the fuse.

Does this actually work?😂
Had this happen to me this morning...2019 EXL w RES and NAV and about 15k miles.

iPhone plugged in using Carplay to listen to Spotify and run Google maps. Got the loud beep sound then sound went dead. I found this thread, yanked the fuse for the radio and the backup camera, just in case, and all was well. Then same b.s. driving this afternoon. Yanked again and now its sitting in my driveway. Looks like I'll be buying the foldable keyboard. This is insanity. Friggin cars running on windows as someone in this thread said.
The pilot runs on android. Not windows.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had this identical problem with a 2020 Pilot Elite. I've had the car 6 weeks and have 1600 miles on it. I was using Apple CarPlay with Amazon music and Waze, and I heard the squelch of death and everything audio-related died and the infotainment system would not shut off. Called my dealership and they had no idea. Prior to reading this, I decided to disconnect the battery and reconnect it, and everything is back to normal now. The dealer wants to take the car for the entire week to "fix" it, but after reading this, I'm thinking they won't be successful and I'll have to deal with pulling out my kids car seats and being in a loaner for a week for no reason. Has anyone had this successfully fixed at the dealer, or should I not waste my time?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good news a new update was released. I already installed it. Let’s see if it fix definitely the issue. In the log of the issues to be fixed are all the issues we mentioned here. Crossing fingers. I am attaching the pdf file.
View attachment 2020_Pilot.pdf

141 - 160 of 161 Posts