Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Update From last post on 19 touring. 5 times in shop. Tuner, instrument cluster, radio, and complete body harness replaced per Honda tech support. I also lost all functions/guages in instrument cluster with wife driving and my 2 year old in car several times. Car is currently at dealer again 2 weeks. Over 30 days in the shop combined This is a software problem in the infotainment and vehicle systems and currently has no fix. Waiting on options for trade or buyback. I refuse to pay 5-6k to trade this one in due to depreciation for a new one. I am sure all of you are experiencing some sort of same related issues or will be. Im am extremely unhappy with this vehicle. Still making payments for loaded pilot but driving base Crv loaner. Honda has lost my business for new vehicles. That being said, I still love my 05 crv with 160k miles. Simple and reliable

·
Registered
1 Posts
Something happened to my 2019 Touring Pilot. All audio functions stopped working after CarPlay was functioning for 2 hours. Hear a beep in the speakers and then Waze voice directions stopped working and my pandora audio stopped. Fm radio, xm radio and phone did not work and screen did not shut off after power car down and locking.

I pulled the fuse as instructed and that powered down screen. I’ll try using system again tomorrow. Hope it was a fluke but sounds like a bug. There was an update waiting to be loaded. Maybe it’s a fix. Every the optimist, but really appreciate this forum. Internet can be used for good!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this problem with my Honda Pilot 2019 Touring. And, pulling out the fuse mentioned by krgjevre32 did the trick. I confirm this was related to Apple play. However, it was never an issue in my case. I have been using Car play since I bought the car in December 2018. Only thing that has changed recently is new iOS update - 12.1.4

·
Registered
34 Posts
... The easiest fix that I have found is to plug a USB keyboard into the main USB port that you would use for CarPlay and press ctrl+alt+del. ...
Love that keyboard initiated reboot fix! LOL

... I have been using Car play since I bought the car in December 2018. Only thing that has changed recently is new iOS update - 12.1.4
I think I was on iOS 12.1.2 when it "froze" on me (12.1.4 is a pretty recent update).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having a different problem but still dealing with the audio for the 2019 Honda Pilot Touring, I start hearing three clicking sounds that continue even if I turn the audio off, it makes all sounds (radio, Bluetooth music, phone calls etc) cut in and out. I brought it in November (bought in August) and they said they did a hard reset on it and it fixed it. But it just happened again yesterday. I tried the fuse fix as well as pulling the audio amp fuse but unfortunately it didn't work. However I did figure out that if I go into System settings and turn system sounds to the lowest setting I don't hear the constant clicking but the audio cutting out (radio etc) are still there. Bringing it in tomorrow and they are going to investigate further since it returned after the reset.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having a different problem but still dealing with the audio for the 2019 Honda Pilot Touring, I start hearing three clicking sounds that continue even if I turn the audio off, it makes all sounds (radio, Bluetooth music, phone calls etc) cut in and out. I brought it in November (bought in August) and they said they did a hard reset on it and it fixed it. But it just happened again yesterday. I tried the fuse fix as well as pulling the audio amp fuse but unfortunately it didn't work. However I did figure out that if I go into System settings and turn system sounds to the lowest setting I don't hear the constant clicking but the audio cutting out (radio etc) are still there. Bringing it in tomorrow and they are going to investigate further since it returned after the reset.
This is the exact problem we have with our 2019 Pilot Touring. We took it to the dealership last week and they disconnected the power from the NAV head unit and did a software update. Currently the clicking sound stopped, but it will likely come back. The latest update I just received from the dealer is that Honda believes the issue is related to the dashboard wiring harness. They said they are going to pull out the dash and replace the harness on another Pilot that has this issue and will let me know if this resolves the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So update on my issue, I also forgot to mention when this happens the rear entertainment sound turns off and it doesn't load into the front dashboard. Getting car back from dealer, they have been instructed by Honda to replace the infotainment system part. After taking it apart and plugging it back in, the clicking stopped but I expect it to return, after all unplugging and plugging back in works for a while. I'll update when I get the new part in (about a week they estimate for the part to come I ). Nice to hear another person has my same issue and it's not just me. Hopefully a solution can be found!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 Elite - Had the car 4 weeks and just had this happen to me today.

Driving using Waze via carplay on iPhone XS Max, suddenly heard the instrument panel beep before the main screen became useless.

Like the original post, it’s a Sunday and I had twin 2 week olds in the back crying!

This meant I could not use any features (fm, Sirius, reverse cam). Reset was grayed out as vehicle thought it was in motion.

Being a Sunday, Honda customer support is closed and service were unhelpful. I then pressed the Honda link button that activated none stop emergency service calls 🤬

Without reading this forum I unplugged the blue fuse under the steering wheel on the right side and all looks good.

Crazy that there are no hard reset buttons like most other computers!

Will take it to dealership tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had this happen a few minutes ago. I was using CarPlay and navigating with Waze. I heard a squawk, then there was no sound. FM could not load, and while CarPlay came back up when I plugged in the phone there is still no sound.

I parked a few minutes ago and found that the screen won’t turn off. I’ll try the keyboard when I get home.

What had been people’s experience here - is it ever a one-time thing (doesn’t look like it)? How often is it happening to you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wanted to write a quick update. I waited until Monday morning and while the screen was on the whole night, the battery was fine in the morning, so next time, I won't be too worried about battery drain if it's just for one day.

On Monday I took the car to a local dealer and they said that I have to leave the car with them and they will try to perform a factory reset but they may have to "call Honda" for advice. When they called me a few hours later they said that the factory reset fixed everything except for the rear-view camera. They called Honda and were told to replace the whole tuner unit to fix the problem. They asked me to call again on Wednesday morning to get an update on when the tuner will arrive since they didn't have it in stock at the dealer. When I called, I was told that it will take another week for the part to arrive, so I went to pick up the car and resigned myself to driving it for a week without the rear-view camera. To my surprise, the camera worked, so I called them to cancel the order of the part.

I have no idea if the rear-view camera worked right away after the factory reset and the mechanics didn't notice that it worked or if indeed it didn't work when they tested it and magically fixed itself when I drove the car home.
Hi

I had the same issue, but before I could take it to the dealer for repair, it fixed itself. Has the issue reoccured for you since the fix? I have heard about the issue reoccurring for some people multiple times. I'm taking it to the dealer in a few days, but wondering if the issue will happen again at some random point. Isn't there a permanent fix for this?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was having minor issues w/ CarPlay and iphone where it wouldn't display the current music playing from any of the music apps. Music would play but blank screen. For those using WAZE, turn off "Show audio player". After I did this, the problems went away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had this just happen to our 2019 Honda Pilot 7-pas Touring. Both times with Apple Carplay. Pulled the #29 fuse and it worked again.

Will talk to dealer (car is 3 months+ old just started to happened). Quick fix. Don't use apple carplay :)
Thanks for this message. Using the conveniently place fuse puller I pulled the "Radio" #29 fuse, counted to 10, replaced it, and everything is fine. 2019 Pilot touring. One wonders how Honda can sell cars with this known problem and not even disclose the issue...Occurred April 7, 2019.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for this message. Using the conveniently place fuse puller I pulled the "Radio" #29 fuse, counted to 10, replaced it, and everything is fine. 2019 Pilot touring. One wonders how Honda can sell cars with this known problem and not even disclose the issue...Occurred April 7, 2019.
hi! did your screen went black or it just froze? mine happened yesterday and i got a blank screen. tried pulling and reinstalling a new fuse and taking out the battery, still no luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Piloteers,

as mentioned above, mine infotainment screen is completely blacked out. no display is show. also my res is also out but i was able to eject my bluray disc. i also hear a popping noise from the speakers every 30-60 seconds.

anyone experienced the popping noise when the infotainment system was down?

·
Registered
364 Posts
2019 Pilot: Radio Stays On with Ignition OFF

For people with audio systems staying on when vehicle is off. Honda says is most likely a software issue. Here is from a bulletin:

Are you having this issue while using Apple CarPlay?
• CarPlay beeps and stops working.
• If you try to switch to a different audio source, you see the message XM-Check Tuner or FM-Radio Unavailable.
• When you turn the ignition to OFF, the navigation display stays on.

We're aware of this issue and have it under investigation. So far, we know it's software related, so don't replace any
components. When we come up with a fix, we'll release an OTA software update.

As a temporary measure, just remove and install the radio backup fuse or disconnect and connect the battery. This will
reset the system.

Tech Line Summary Article
April 2019 ATS190402 Version 1

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a lawsuit going on against Honda !!

Somehow, Facebook constantly listed to me a link of a lawsuit against Honda due to Infotainment issues on Odissey 19 and Pilots 19.

I didn’t pay attention to it until my brand new Pilot got the same issue after 8 days that i bought it. No sounds, FM, AM, XM, iTunes, Waze all without sound. Also the infotainment didn’t turn off.

To turn it off, i plugged in an USB keyboard (computer keyboard) and pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del from the left side of the keyboard. The infotainment immediately turned off. I will keep the keyboard in the car until the problem is not fixed by Honda.

Don’t allow Honda to replace cables or the infotainment as it will not fix it. Actually Honda does not know how to fix it. It is still under investigation.

Search on google the following words: Honda infotainment lawsuit

You will find the lawsuit, and if you want you can be part of it. Contact the lawyers.

Good luck to us !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks Honda. I was one of the first cases of this problem. 19 Touring. 6 dealership visits and every part they could throw at car replaced, ripped car down to bare shell on inside for wire harness. STILL NOT FIXED. Wish we kept our 2 vehicles traded in. Now I have rattles and noises over bumps. Glad I spent 41k on this POS. Wife reluctant to drive with my 2 year old not knowing if the instrument cluster will shut off and stay off during her commute. They are still selling these lemons knowing of issues. Thats fraudulent. Now its up to my legal team to return the favor to Honda.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine did it this morning. Using CarPlay unit beeped then No sound, wouldn’t turn off, and it thought the vehicle was in motion even when stopped.
Did the keyboard reset
Works fine now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

21 - 40 of 96 Posts