Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is easiest way to totally disconnect my anti theft system on my 04 pilot exl. No need to have it now.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Curious what stage your Pilot is to not need basic theft deterrent systems: horn, flashing lights and immobilizer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
live in an isolated area. I just do not have a need for it. I keep forgetting to deactivate and it has become annoying.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,177 Posts
If it’s an aftermarket alarm system:
1) Leave the T-Taps on the factory wiring. Remove the wire with spade connector going into them.
2) You will likely need to butt splice at least one of the ignition wires. It will be obvious once you start taking things apart.
3) Disconnect battery negative before you start any of the disconnection process.
4) Treat the factory wiring with care during the alarm system removal process.

If you’re talking about the factory engine immobilizer I have no idea, but I wouldn’t mess with that.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
double post

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
520 Posts
Curious what stage your Pilot is to not need basic theft deterrent systems: horn, flashing lights and immobilizer.
live in an isolated area. I just do not have a need for it. I keep forgetting to deactivate and it has become annoying.
It only activates when you lock the doors. So just keep them unlocked and it won't arm. Or you could disconnect the wiring that goes to the hood latch. The system won't arm when the hood is up, so removing that wire makes the car think the hood is open all the time, even if it's really closed.

But what happens if you travel to a place where you'd want to have the system armed? Seems like just keeping it unlocked would be much simpler than hacking up your wiring.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Can't be that remote you have power and internet :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It only activates when you lock the doors. So just keep them unlocked and it won't arm. Or you could disconnect the wiring that goes to the hood latch. The system won't arm when the hood is up, so removing that wire makes the car think the hood is open all the time, even if it's really closed.

But what happens if you travel to a place where you'd want to have the system armed? Seems like just keeping it unlocked would be much simpler than hacking up your wiring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is a factory installed anti theft system. I will try disconnecting wire to hood in hopes that will do it . Thanks.

Also, factory alarm activates with doors unlocked. I wish it was that easy.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Perhaps make an internal kill switch to control that wire to the hood when you desire NO anti-theft or remote lock up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A very good idea if the disconnected wire works. Thanks again. Let you know tomorrow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Again, it is a factory alarm system and it operates with doors unlocked and hood open. I read the manual and it does say that it is not supposed to work with doors unlocked or hood open BUT unfortunately it does and it is very annoying. Any other ideas to disconnect alarm system? Thanks

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,177 Posts
Check the ground connections. Loose grounds can cause erratic behavior.

Reactions: Daltongang
1 - 15 of 15 Posts