Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
It is obvious that this sound bothers you greatly, since all your posts on this forum are about it. If that is the case, I don't understand why you won't try taking your vehicle to another mechanic? If the Honda service department near you is not helping you at all, and another Honda dealership is too far away, ask around and find a mechanic that other people trust and try describing the problems to them.

I totally agree that a brand new car shouldn't have an issue, but sometimes things happen. If your Honda dealership doesn't want your business, go find someone who does and get the problem diagnosed. When you know what it is you can have Honda fix it under warranty. Yeah, it might cost you a couple of bucks for the diagnosis, but you'll get it fixed.
I will totally do. Thanks for an awesome advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know Honda has been a reliable car until i bought my 2019 Pilot. There has been clanking noise underneath that a dealership hasn't be able to fix. I guess trying a different brand like Toyota or Kia will be a great idea after all.
My 2019 Pilot Elite also makes weird clunking noise on a intermittent basis. I am concerned about taking it to the dealer since this noise is not easily reproducible, so very likely it will be dismissed as a non issue and I would have wasted time at the dealer. I am leasing the car, so I am not too concerned about it, but I would be very disappointed if I had purchased the car and gotten stuck with this issue.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
My 2019 Pilot Elite also makes weird clunking noise on a intermittent basis. I am concerned about taking it to the dealer since this noise is not easily reproducible, so very likely it will be dismissed as a non issue and I would have wasted time at the dealer. I am leasing the car, so I am not too concerned about it, but I would be very disappointed if I had purchased the car and gotten stuck with this issue.
I guess leasing a car first is my option from now on.

·
Registered
252 Posts
There is no vehicle on this earth that cannot come up with an issue. None. It's a machine. Now, when yours gives you issues and you think and conclude it is representative of the model or the brand, it is not. There are a thousand and one things that can create undesirable or disruptive noise. I recently noticed some noise on my 2019 Pilot Elite that I only heard when I switched off econ mode for more power. I would later run into an issue that resulted in total loss of power and being towed. But it was not the end of the world neither did I suspect Honda's reliability. Like every other problem that comes my way, I confronted it with a positive attitude. Honda towed the vehicle at no cost to me and the dealership worked to do a root cause analysis. It was the serpentine belt that jumped off the pulley and you can read my earlier post on the subject. I am not suggesting every owner's issue is going to be as straightforward. But making generalized and conclusive statements based on your solo experience does NOT represent the overall pleasant experience that many have and often don't come out to talk about.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine started with crackles and pops... then they entire insrument cluster and speedometer would shut off while I'm driving it. Here is video of what happens while I drive my Pilot now:

Honda Corporate refuses to acknowledge the issue or take the vehicle back and the dealership cannot fix it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Mine started with crackles and pops... then they entire insrument cluster and speedometer would shut off while I'm driving it. Here is video of what happens while I drive my Pilot now:

Honda Corporate refuses to acknowledge the issue or take the vehicle back and the dealership cannot fix it.
Have you tried reaching out to Honda America? This cannot happen. It affects your safety and your family.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have you tried reaching out to Honda America? This cannot happen. It affects your safety and your family.
Yes. I reached out to them directly and also hired an attorney who requested that they buy the vehicle back under Arizona Lemon law. Even though it is eligible (even required) under AZ Lemon law, Honda refused to even consider it or to offer any compensation for the defect. The dealer has had 5 attempts to fix now and it's been in the shop for 33 days in total. No end in sight. No relief. I've been driving an Accord or Civic that doesn't fit my family for the last few weeks.

Honda America seems to be unsympathetic and appears to think this is no big deal.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Yes. I reached out to them directly and also hired an attorney who requested that they buy the vehicle back under Arizona Lemon law. Even though it is eligible (even required) under AZ Lemon law, Honda refused to even consider it or to offer any compensation for the defect. The dealer has had 5 attempts to fix now and it's been in the shop for 33 days in total. No end in sight. No relief. I've been driving an Accord or Civic that doesn't fit my family for the last few weeks.

Honda America seems to be unsympathetic and appears to think this is no big deal.
This is bad. 5 attempts must be considered a lemon and they should buy back your car. Honda pilot quality sucks i supposed.

·
Registered
844 Posts

Horrible. I expect much better than this from Honda and the dealership. It's a documented issue. Good luck in your fight, hope it all works out.

·
Super Moderator
15,184 Posts
Thread closed. When People use inappropriate language as seen/deleted in this thread, it's time to step in.
The OP is welcome to contact me with the outcome and it will be added to this thread.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.