Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to search the forum, but could not find anything about how to disable the horn when locking the door. As in many of the discussions here about the annoying whimpy horn of the 2003, I am embarrased everytime I lock my doors, and the horn blows.

Is there a way to disable the horn and just have the flashing lights?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Aija said:
I tried to search the forum, but could not find anything about how to disable the horn when locking the door. As in many of the discussions here about the annoying whimpy horn of the 2003, I am embarrased everytime I lock my doors, and the horn blows.

Is there a way to disable the horn and just have the flashing lights?
Only push the lock button once.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I push the button once, does that engage my immobilizer, alarm and lock all the doors?

What then is the purpose of having to press it twice, aside from wanting to hear your horn?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Aija said:
If I push the button once, does that engage my immobilizer, alarm and lock all the doors?

What then is the purpose of having to press it twice, aside from wanting to hear your horn?
You just stated the purpose.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Aija said:

Even locking the door with a key or locking the doors with the button inside the car before you close the door arms the alarm.

The second push on the button is just to get a warm and fuzzy that the alarm is activated.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Here's why the horn beep is a good thing.... If you closed all the doors, but didn't quite get them all to latch fully, the Pilot wont beep on that second press of the lock button. I have had this happen on the rear hatch. I don't slam it hard, and once when I thought it was closed all the way, it wasn't. I hit the lock button twice, but no beep. Then I knew I had to recheck the doors. I think this is a great feature.

·
Registered
300 Posts
RSeery said:
Here's why the horn beep is a good thing.... If you closed all the doors, but didn't quite get them all to latch fully, the Pilot wont beep on that second press of the lock button. I have had this happen on the rear hatch. I don't slam it hard, and once when I thought it was closed all the way, it wasn't. I hit the lock button twice, but no beep. Then I knew I had to recheck the doors. I think this is a great feature.
RSeery very good suggestion and perfection 10 point.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The lights also won't flash if you have a door not fully closed. You can look for this on the first click without disturbing everyone around you. Maybe its tougher to see during the day, but you can certainly do this at night. This only really bothered me when I was in a 2nd floor apartment overlooking the parking lot, and people would come home after midnight and beep their horn with that second click.

Somewhat related, I notice if you click too fast unlocking, the other doors don't unlock. You have to pause 1/2 second or so between clicks. Is this normal or just on mine? I'd been trying to doubleclick like you would a computer mouse.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
BCinTX said:
The lights also won't flash if you have a door not fully closed. You can look for this on the first click without disturbing everyone around you. Maybe its tougher to see during the day, but you can certainly do this at night. This only really bothered me when I was in a 2nd floor apartment overlooking the parking lot, and people would come home after midnight and beep their horn with that second click.

Somewhat related, I notice if you click too fast unlocking, the other doors don't unlock. You have to pause 1/2 second or so between clicks. Is this normal or just on mine? I'd been trying to doubleclick like you would a computer mouse.
Slow down.

about 1/2 to 1 second in normal.

·
Registered
414 Posts
OK

I...noitice....if....you....click...too....fast

(sorry, that just reminded me of the Taxi episode with Christopher Lloyd as Jim taking his license test).

Thanks. I'll get used to clicking slower now that I know that's it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts