Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find a replacement rear lift gate name badge for my 2015 Pilot. Of course there’s a wide price difference between the 1st and 2nd generation badges, and in the interest of a cheaper price, I’m curious if there’s even a difference between them in terms of final appearance, letter style, etc.

Viewing photos online is kind of inconclusive, though it almost looks like the main difference could be that 1st gen letters may be joined (one-piece badge) and the 2nd gen could be separare letters.

Does anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
I need to find a replacement rear lift gate name badge for my 2015 Pilot. Of course there’s a wide price difference between the 1st and 2nd generation badges, and in the interest of a cheaper price, I’m curious if there’s even a difference between them in terms of final appearance, letter style, etc.

Viewing photos online is kind of inconclusive, though it almost looks like the main difference could be that 1st gen letters may be joined (one-piece badge) and the 2nd gen could be separare letters.

Does anyone know for sure?
If a difference can't be determined visually, then the only other way is if the item numbers are the same or different.
I like the badges (not the name of dealerships), but it's not like the Pilot is a classic. I'd simply glue on what looks good.
😉👍

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
If a difference can't be determined visually, then the only other way is if the item numbers are the same or different.
I like the badges (not the name of dealerships), but it's not like the Pilot is a classic. I'd simply glue on what looks good.
😉👍
I like the first gen Pilot emblem: 4WD....might tick off some AWD owners...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
so How did you lose yours in the first place ? someone had to really be hard up to steal a Honda badge ..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so How did you lose yours in the first place ? someone had to really be hard up to steal a Honda badge ..
I bought it recently without the badge. Assuming there was either some sloppy body work done on the liftgate (doesn't look or operate like that, though) or someone removed it for whatever nefarious reason.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I bought it recently without the badge. Assuming there was either some sloppy body work done on the liftgate (doesn't look or operate like that, though) or someone removed it for whatever nefarious reason.
Damn .. point said that's still f*cked up though :)

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
Debadging one's vehicle is one popular trend nowadays, but so is stealing badges. It started years ago with hood ornaments, so thieves ruined that for us because manufacturers just stopped making them, and since even upper end stick-on badges were subsequently picked clean by the following generation of thieves, they worked their way down the food chain so that you now see even Hyundai, Toyota and FCA badges stolen. Hence, I suppose, the recent fad of completely debadging your own vehicle, which in addition to its esthetic properties says a big "Ha, beat you to it," to would-be little kleptos.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts