Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Upgrading your tires?

• I am keeping my stock Goodyear/Bridgestone tires until it is time to replace them (with the same mak

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I am keeping my stock Goodyear/Bridgestone tires until it is time to replace them (with the Michelin

Votes: 48 77.4%
  • I am going to upgrade ASAP (with Michelin CTs or something just as good)

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • I drove my Pilot out of the dealership with Michelin CTs or better tires already installed

Votes: 1 1.6%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on what I have read on Honda-Pilot.org as well as quite a few reviews on Tirerack.com, it seems that not too many people are happy with the stock Goodyear and Bridgestone tires that came with our Pilots. I will be upgrading them tomorrow (I'm looking forward to a quieter and smoother ride).

Are you planning on upgrading them?

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
brooklynpilot said:
Based on what I have read on Honda-Pilot.org as well as quite a few reviews on Tirerack.com, it seems that not too many people are happy with the stock Goodyear and Bridgestone tires that came with our Pilots. I will be upgrading them tomorrow (I'm looking forward to a quieter and smoother ride).

Are you planning on upgrading them?
I was surfing the same website and it seems to have a lot of good data. Curious, did you also look at the ratings of the Pirelli, Yokohama and a couple of the other "top contenders"? The Yokohama appeared to be rated #1.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read all of them as well. What sold me was the actual people on here that upgraded and have been very happy.

·
Registered
276 Posts
What tires seem to be the best to upgrade to? I've heard good things about Michelins....do they really make for a much quieter ride? Is road noise virtually eliminated? That's a big issue in my Pilot.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I upgraded to Michelin CTs for their handling. I did not see much improvement in road noise.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I immediately noticed less road noise with the Michelin Cross Terrains. Haven't noticed any difference with ride or handling (yet).

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Dang It!

I voted wrong...so now I'm the only one claiming to replace my goodyears with identical tires. I will actually probably replace them with Michelin Rain Force tires, if they make them in Pilot size that is. We have them on our Civic, and they are amazing. Yes, it rains that much here.:4:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I'm sorry, it's too late. Your vote has been linked to your VIN#. Your Goodyears are waiting.

;)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Re: Dang It!

74PILOTMOM said:
I voted wrong...so now I'm the only one claiming to replace my goodyears with identical tires. I will actually probably replace them with Michelin Rain Force tires, if they make them in Pilot size that is. We have them on our Civic, and they are amazing. Yes, it rains that much here.:4:
How long have you had them on the Civic?

We've had 4 sets of the Rain Force. They are great for the first 10-15k, but then fade fast. I kept buying them because of their longevity. I just replaced them on my VW, even though they have half their tread left. They became VERY dangerous in any kind of wet weather.

They start out being some of the best wet tires on the market. Then they turn dangerous. Be careful, please!

I'd think twice about putting them on a Pilot. I suggest spending a little more for a better tire. Your life rides on your tires.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
brooklynpilot said:
No, I'm sorry, it's too late. Your vote has been linked to your VIN#. Your Goodyears are waiting.

;)
EEEEEEEEK! I'm doomed! I'll second the post above, at least they're not Firestones!
Actually, my Integrity's have had no problems with vibration so far, and we're probably not going to take her off road, but I'd like some rain tread for Seattle.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Re: Re: Dang It!

JungleJim said:

How long have you had them on the Civic?

We've had 4 sets of the Rain Force. They are great for the first 10-15k, but then fade fast. I kept buying them because of their longevity. I just replaced them on my VW, even though they have half their tread left. They became VERY dangerous in any kind of wet weather.

They start out being some of the best wet tires on the market. Then they turn dangerous. Be careful, please!

I'd think twice about putting them on a Pilot. I suggest spending a little more for a better tire. Your life rides on your tires.
I guess I'd better go check my tread!, we've had them on there for about 20k, about a year and a half...thanks for the warning! Any particular kind you'd suggest? My Pilot will carry my 3 kids, so I definitely will fork over $$$ for good tires.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I vited as well without first reading more reviews. The deal for us (I know it will make me sound cheap) is, our Honda dealer offers free tires for the life of your car with purchase.

Only a week on the new tires and nothing bad to say yet...

Don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts