Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 493 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this would be a good take-off of ESPN's "Did You Know", or Johnny Carson's famous line, "I Did Not Know That. That's Wild Stuff" - a thread dealing with some of those little know, unpublicized facts about the Pilot. Looking for things not in the reviews, or not in the brochures, etc.

Here are my first two:

1. Outside temperature display on trip odometer
2. Rear passenger windows "roll" all the way down (i.e. not "child-proof")

Any other things out there?

·
Registered
919 Posts
The "rear window goes all the way down" was something I tested as soon as I got the vehicle, out of curiosity. I didn't find the outside temperature display until my first fill-up (3 days after purchase) when I was resetting trip odometers. I cycled through them and then "Hey, whoa! What's this?" Gotta like that!

Another that got me was that in the RES equipped Pilot, turning the rear stereo off will allow all speakers to move with the front selected source, but if you have the rear stereo on, only the front speakers move with the front source selection. The rear speakers and subwoofer will turn off unless you select the same source for the rear stereo. Confusing? You bet!

Chris

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Child Proof

The child proof rear windows seems to have been just one more car salespersons lie.
Seems it never was a safety requirment, nor even a safety sugestion.
It was just the excuse given to apease the buyer.

I was looking for this feature since our CR-V also has it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
TEMPERATURE READINGS

But I have noticed that the temperature reading goes down 7-10 degrees after the vehicle is running for less than 30 seconds. With the temp 95+ here in NC over the past 5 days, the gauge is reading 87-89. YEAH RIGHT!!!! :8:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Temp display

The temperature display should have been pointed out by the salesperson at the time of delivery....there should be no real 'surprises' if they did their job correctly....

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Temp display

Spartanman said:
The temperature display should have been pointed out by the salesperson at the time of delivery....there should be no real 'surprises' if they did their job correctly....
Assuming, of course, that I had my Pilot YET!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Here's another revelation, it all in the manual. Just read it! It knows more than your salesman and it never forgets.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I think someone pointed this out before, but those 4 cup drink holders from McDonald's fit perfectly into the middle console in between the front seats.

·
Registered
61 Posts
norb said:
Here's another revelation, it all in the manual. Just read it! It knows more than your salesman and it never forgets.
Or just ask one of the knowledgeable members here in the forum!!! :31: Sometimes not even the manual will tell you a nice little secret!!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
When using the emergency brakes, use the brakes FIRST then place the transmission in Park. Nice tidbit, I picked up on this site.

Any other "Best Practices"

Perhaps a seperate area to post these?

Joe

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
2k3_nbp said:
I think someone pointed this out before, but those 4 cup drink holders from McDonald's fit perfectly into the middle console in between the front seats.
Hey ... that was me !

PrG

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thought the gas cap holder on the back of the gas filler door was nice touch. And being a weather channel fan, I love the outside temperature reading.

·
Registered
310 Posts
flip up the rear storage area door

I think it's cool how you can flip up the rear storage area door (where the headrests are stored), hold it open with the hook and string attached to the door and hang plastic grocery bags on the hooks along the top of the door edge. There are two more hooks behind little fold down hidden doors on each side of the rear storage area door.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I was happy that the keyless entry doesn't force the horn to beep on the first press of the lock button, but rather flashes the lights. But if you want confirmation that the doors are locked, just press it again and the horn sounds. Nice touch that allows you to be unassuming when you lock your pilot.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I also like how you can move the front cup holder out from under the sliding door and drop it into the space just in front of the center console. This allows for more space in the "hidden" area below the sliding door to hide things from prying eyes.

Chris

·
Registered
240 Posts
Re: TEMPERATURE READINGS

nascar_pilot said:
With the temp 95+ here in NC over the past 5 days, the gauge is reading 87-89. YEAH RIGHT!!!! :8:
I've noticed that it drops too.:p But you know what they say about Carolina weather!:p

·
Registered
113 Posts
xyzzy ( Chris ) :

On the rear speaker control : You can make the rear speakers and the subwoofers active with front system, irrespective of what you are playing on the RES ( DVD ). Just press the rear power button for the second time with-in couple of secconds and hold it there and you will get the sound from the rear speakers and sub. Now the people in the back can listen or watch any thing they want, but, through head phones only.

Give it a try.

KE

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
KEPILOT said:
xyzzy ( Chris ) :

On the rear speaker control : You can make the rear speakers and the subwoofers active with front system, irrespective of what you are playing on the RES ( DVD ). Just press the rear power button for the second time with-in couple of secconds and hold it there and you will get the sound from the rear speakers and sub. Now the people in the back can listen or watch any thing they want, but, through head phones only.

Give it a try.

KE
Can someone tell me if the controls on the RES are illuminated, as well as the A/C and audio controls on the back of the armrest?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Re: Re: TEMPERATURE READINGS

airgate said:

I've noticed that it drops too.:p But you know what they say about Carolina weather!:p
Yep.....If you don't like it today, wait until tomorrow!! (or an hour up here next to the VA border :21: )

·
Registered
664 Posts
I don't know about the RES but the A/C is. My daughter told me it only worked at night because the green lights weren't lit during the day. (5 year olds!)

1 - 20 of 493 Posts