Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is mainly for the those folks who pruchased the Phillips Vision Plus or Slyvania Silver Stars - did you have to adjust your headlights after you replaced the blubs?

·
Registered
173 Posts
gksmith said:
did you have to adjust your headlights after you replaced the blubs?
I adjusted my headlights higher than they were originally, but I don't recall if it was necessary because of the aftermarket bulbs or if they were adjusted to low from the dealer. (I replaced the headlamp bulbs not long after taking delivery of our Pilot.)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just put in the Vision Plus and I didnt have to adjust mine.. if anything, they might be considered high.. but following at a relatively safe distance (for Southern California), the headlights are pretty much perfect.. they'll light up the rear/trunk section of the car in front without blinding the driver.. but I have yet to be high-beamed from oncoming traffic.. so I'll just leave it until then..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: Re: Did you adjust your headlights?

ChiefPilot said:

I adjusted my headlights higher than they were originally, but I don't recall if it was necessary because of the aftermarket bulbs or if they were adjusted to low from the dealer. (I replaced the headlamp bulbs not long after taking delivery of our Pilot.)
How do you adjust the headlights? The low beams are too low on a vertical plane especially when climbing hills. I was told by the dealer that it could not be changed. Does a different aftermarket bulb improve it?

Thanks

SB Pilot

·
Registered
173 Posts
jfeuer said:

How do you adjust the headlights? The low beams are too low on a vertical plane especially when climbing hills. I was told by the dealer that it could not be changed. Does a different aftermarket bulb improve it?

Thanks

SB Pilot
What are these dealers thinking??? Of course the headlamps can be adjusted! :rolleyes:

If you'd rather do it yourself, you should be able to find a old thread on this board (complete with pictures) that will help you do it.

I don't think that the aftermarket bulbs would necessarily help the aiming issue one way or the other, except that the horizontal beam cut-off of some lamps seems to be more distinct than the stock lamps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Headlight Aiming.

Thanks for all the replies. I figured that it could be done. It doesn't say how in the manual. I did a search and haven't found the pictures of how to do it in any earlier thread. I'll look at it soon and try to figure it out.

Thanks, SB Pilot

·
Registered
34 Posts
Adjustment

Last week while leaving on a kayaking trip I got bright lighted twice by the same car. Gave him my brights momentarially so that he would know that those were my dim lights. And sure enough it was a State Trooper. I was loaded with a weeks worth of gear, 2 kayaks, & 2 bikes. I was sweating bullets for awhile, but he never turned around. I've found that when loaded the lights really run high. You can't adjust the lights everytime you change loads.:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts