Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
View attachment 135619

We all love our Pilots! The black one is a 2015 with 135k miles, the white one is a 2013 with 104k miles, and the silver one is another 2013 with 170k miles. All are LX 4WD models.
Awsome.
So now you can buy in bulk your 0w20 Oil and ATF. Case pack of Oil Filters and Air Filters. ?

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
Do tires come in a 12-pack?
Yes they do. Should have bought a couple of days ago, they went up $5 a tire. Still a great deal on a 12-pack.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
Walmart has the Hankook Dynapro HP2 (H speed rated) for $81.30 and the Kumho Crugen HP71 (V speed rated) for $99.97.
The Hankook no on the H and the tire wear rating.
Kumho Crugen or Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 for $5 more per tire I'm going Sumitomo with the 600 tire wear rating. My 230k mile Crosstour is at 60k miles on a set. I will be getting new ones real soon.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Love it! And the best generation, gen 2.5.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Thank you! And haha no I'm just a Tesla fan as well. The Model X is the all time goal!
Agreed and I like Tesla innovation.....and detest all the electronic nannies found in todays vehicles like start/stop, half-breed hybrid system, cylinder deactivation, etc. If going electric, Tesla is at the forefront. But in the mean time lets focus on those awesome Pilots :) and your latest mods.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
View attachment 135619

We all love our Pilots! The black one is a 2015 with 135k miles, the white one is a 2013 with 104k miles, and the silver one is another 2013 with 170k miles. All are LX 4WD models.
Gen 1 or 2, I like.

Glad you didn't go for the soccer mom minivannish Gen 3.

Better take leave before the Gen 3ers show up.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
Yes you went to far. Not one cool, sexy, fun Passport in the bunch.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Reactions: plplplpl

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
Have you ever been thrown out of the Grand Canyon for camping off season in the middle of Winter? I have along with my girlfriend and a buddy and his girlfriend. Who knew that they closed the Grand Canyon for camping in the winter. The ranger was very nice about it though. Even spent the night with us and hiked out with us the next morning. He didn't even fine us. It was peaceful at the bottom of the canyon in December though.

We actually do have formations in Kansas that look similar. They are called the Gypsum Hills. Not nearly as tall, but for Kansas pretty different and rugged compared to the perceived flat lands.

My favorite place however is Northern NM, in the Cimmeron area. I actually made friends with some of Ted Turners ranch hands on one occasion when I was out there. They have allowed me to go places that most folks don't get to go and see. Lovely country that is not as over run or as expensive as Colorado. The Taos area is nice and as I have friends down on the Navajo Res, I often end up down around Farmington or Ship Rock and travel Arizona part of Dine Bikeyah quite a lot as well.

You would be surprised what an old Kansas farm boy who grew up hunting, fishing, and camping might like to do in his off time. Perhaps that's why I have two sons that are Eagle Scouts and a daughter that worked a few years at Phillmont. Kind of runs in the family.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
Eagle Scouts
I remember thinking as a Cub Scout and Webelo that an Eagle Scout was the coolest thing in the world you could aspire to, but I never made it that far.

It did prepare me for traveling in Europe and Asia without cell phones, the internet or credit cards.

Back on topic, sort of: Hey OP, those PIlots are great, and you can make them into a convoy of glamping (well, as upscale as it gets for me, anyway) vans.

Camping

1 - 18 of 18 Posts