Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:

I just picked up my Pilot yesterday - and although I thought I'd done pretty extensive research before I actually bought it - obviously I didn't, because if I had of seen this forum prior to picking it up - I never would have bought it.

I also found (tonight of course) another website with horrible owner opinions of the Pilot.....

Overall are most of you happy with the Pilot - or if given the chance, would you take it back to the dealership and run over the person that sold it to you?

I feel sick.......

·
Registered
51 Posts
Grafton, fear not we love our pilot. Bear in mind the worst review was written by an Isuzu diehard. Explains a lot, doesn't it?:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I love my Pilot and have had no problems at all.

The only problem is that I don't get to drive it enough! :) The ride is great. I recently had to drive 500 miles in rain----very heavy at times. The Pilot never had a problem, never lost contact with the pavement. A drive like that was exhausting in my old Explorer, but the Pilot handled so well that wasn't a problem.

Given the chance, I'd drive it to my dealer and get another one in red. :2: Just for variety.

Nologic

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ha. I would never ever ever return the Pilot. I think it's the best SUV on the market. It drives great, haven't had any of the problems mentioned here, and its safety is great.

I, at one time, was considering getting the Escape, but now that I know of the Pilot, I would never get in that deathtrap. Its uncomfortable, unsafe, and everything.

So anyways, I think you should keep the Pilot, you wont regret it, I know I won't.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I am sure that most Pilot owners are, like us, thrilled with the new vehicle. Keep your pilot!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Suck it up.

You know, you will ALWAYS find sites or threads that complain about a specific car. The Pilot's value and enjoyable experience pretty much speaks for itself. You might want to ask yourself: "Will I forgive myself if the Pilot turns out to be the SUV that all others copy and emulate?" Check out the positive energy you'll find by most of the owners on this site - it'll help you out.

·
Registered
919 Posts
They can have my Pilot back when they pry the steering wheel from my cold, dead hands!

It's been said before, but please keep things in perspective. In a forum such as this one, it's easy to compare notes with other owners and ask those "have you ever noticed" type issue that come up. As these quirks get discussed, it's easy to get carried away to the point that the issue looks bigger than it is. There has been a recall, but those types of things happen and it's being dealt with accordingly. The Pilot is a strong running machine and I'm very happy with it.

Chris

·
Registered
307 Posts
I too love my pilot, and wouldnt return it for anything, cept maybe a new one with 0 miles :4:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Both my wife and I are very impressed with our new (since June) Pilot. It is head and shoulders above the Ford Explorer that it replaced.

Excellent engineering, great ride, good gas mileage, smooth-as-glass transmission, "automatic" four-wheel drive, conservative styling...

What's not to like?

·
Registered
389 Posts
If I have to do it all over again...........I will! :2:

Drive - drive - drive

I share the same problems with the other Piloteers in the forum, had mine since 8-15 and I only have 1,900 miles........ I do not drive it enough and that is the biggest problem.:2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:2:

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! I got so upset last night I couldn't sleep - and then I got in my Pilot today and got the biggest rush. I love it - I just got scared. Thank you guys for making me feel better!

I traded in my 98 Trans Am and it's been a big change (I've owned a Camaro and TA for the last 10 years), but so far I'm happy. The TA had a lot of problems, but that didn't bother me much when it was under warranty - it was after the warranty expired that I got bothered with the problems.....

Thank you thank you!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Buyers remorse

Here's the basic facts. When people are unhappy with something, they'll tell 50 people. When they are happy with something, they'll tell maybe 5 people. Just human nature I guess. Honda will sell around 70-80,000 Pilots this year, with maybe 100 of those owners exchanging information about their problems, concerns and possibly praises regarding their Pilot experiences. I can't speak for others in this forum, but I know that the reason I found this place was because I was looking for possible new model problems. Based on quite a few of the threads, I'm guessing that others were doing the same thing. There's actually an amazing number of good reports, which says a lot about the Pilot considering what's normally found in forums like this.

We love our Pilot and wouldn't trade it for anything. We too would do it again all things considered.

The other thing I've gathered is that quite a few of the people in this forum are expecting a lot because they spent $30-34,000 dollars on a vehicle and its the first time they've spent that much, or they are thinking about a time when $30k bought you the top of the line vehicle in any catagory. Today $30k is not at the top of the spectrum. I still get's you a lot of vehicle for the money, but there's plenty of SUV's over $45,000 at this point. Most of the critics and owners alike feel that the Honda is the best value in this class of vehcle. So enjoy your new Pilot, formulate your own opinion about how YOU like the vehicle, and remember to smile.....YOU OWN A PILOT. You are blessed.
Chet

·
Registered
226 Posts
very happy

I bought LX model. I am so happy with it right now. I didn't have any problem yet... There is nothing else in the market that serves me like this car. I think you are seeing less than 1% of the people doing 99% of the complaining...
Good luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Perspective counts

1. What people think depends on their perspective. Some people believe a true SUV must have a true locking differential. That's their opinion. Some express it nicely and some act like jerks.

2. Every machine made has problems. If you read threads on the most expensive BMW's, you find a lot of issues. One point of these forums is to find out what can happen in case it happens to you. Like the Boy Scout motto, it's to be prepared.

I'm reminded of Richard Feynman's book, "Why do you care what other people think?" In the end, your experience with the car is what counts. Buyer's remorse.

And that brings up my favorite car story. It was told to me as a child by the person who claims it happened to him. In the 50's, this gentleman, the father of an english friend, was driving his Rolls Royce in N. Italy and the axle broke. He contacted Rolls and they flew a repairman out with the needed pieces and it was fixed. After waiting an appropriate time for a bill, he wrote Rolls, described how the axle had broken, etc. and asked for their invoice. He received back a polite note which merely said, "You must be mistaken. Rolls Royce axles do not break."

·
Registered
316 Posts
grafton said:
:confused:

...I never would have bought it.

...I feel sick.......
Let me guess... You paid over MSRP. Did'nt you? My suggestion if you feel that sick about having a great SUV. Go ahead and return it. That's right return the vehicle if you are feeling so darn bad about purchasing it. Go buy something more expensive and realize how good you had it when you were driving the Pilot. Then come back to this forum and tell us about how sick you feel then.

Don't mean to be so harsh, but you're bringin' a dark cloud by posting this thread. If you have "Buyers Remorse", GET OVER IT and enjoy your vehicle. If you don't like the Pilot, GETS TO STEPPIN. We'll honk when we drive by the Ford dealer and see you sitting inside waiting for your EXPLODER.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Sounded like he just needed a bit of reassurance (which he got). No need to flame him after he already posted that he's feeling better about it now. I must admit that if I had just stumbled across this forum and read through a large percentage of what gets posted here, I'd have some worries too. Just open up a few of the topic areas and scroll throught the post titles. Scary isn't it?

Chris

·
Registered
316 Posts
xyzzy said:
Sounded like he just needed a bit of reassurance (which he got). No need to flame him after he already posted that he's feeling better about it now. I must admit that if I had just stumbled across this forum and read through a large percentage of what gets posted here, I'd have some worries too. Just open up a few of the topic areas and scroll throught the post titles. Scary isn't it?

Chris
xyzzy,

You're right.... grafton, apologies for the harsh words.

Just hate Mondays when the weekend backup crashes the firewall server and no one can get out.

·
Registered
919 Posts
2k3_nbp said:

Just hate Mondays when the weekend backup crashes the firewall server and no one can get out.
Yeah, this is why we use firmware based (Cisco PIX) firewalls. If it doesn't work, restore config. Nice and easy. Hope your day gets better!

Chris

·
Registered
316 Posts
xyzzy said:

Yeah, this is why we use firmware based (Cisco PIX) firewalls. If it doesn't work, restore config. Nice and easy. Hope your day gets better!

Chris
I wish!!! I work for the city of SF. We are old school. Still running NetWare as primary file server and BorderManager as our firewall.

Anyway... Pilot On Everyone!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm sorry if you think I was bringing a dark cloud to this forum. I was perfectly happy with my Pilot until I read some of the other threads on this board (and the other website with girlygirl) - THAT'S what gave me the dark cloud sick feeling. All I was doing was trying to find people who really enjoyed their Pilot as much as I plan to enjoy mine - reassurance if you will after reading a few horror stories. A few of these posts just left me wondering about the quality....but thanks to many wonderful posts in response to mine - I feel great about my investment.

BTW - I didn't pay over MSRP - the price I paid appears to be the standard price for the options I got - plus the dealer even threw in running boards for me (they'll be in this week !!!).

Took my new baby out to lunch today and got all the good "ohs" and "ahs" from my friends...made me feel good until I grabbed the windsheild wiper lever to put the car in reverse. Oh well...it'll take time....

:p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts