Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2017 EX-L pilot from CARMAX and after reading about the fuel injector issue am a little concerned. I wanted to know if Honda started updating anything to fix the issue and if so when. My 2017 was manufactured 06/17, so pretty late in the 17 model year cycle and wondered if I should still be concerned about being affected.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
869 Posts
I recently purchased a 2017 EX-L pilot from CARMAX and after reading about the fuel injector issue am a little concerned. I wanted to know if Honda started updating anything to fix the issue and if so when. My 2017 was manufactured 06/17, so pretty late in the 17 model year cycle and wondered if I should still be concerned about being affected.
You have an extended 10yr/150k warranty on the injectors so if and when they fail, Honda will replace them and cover the cost. I wouldn't worry. AFAIK, the injector design hasn't been changed and the nozzles are still getting fouled with carbon on the later models too. I think it is worse for some due to driving conditions, fuel used and type of oil used. I don't know if VCM plays a part but it adds extra wear and tear on the driveline so you may want to consider a VCM disabler.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have an extended 10yr/150k warranty on the injectors so if and when they fail, Honda will replace them and cover the cost. I wouldn't worry. AFAIK, the injector design hasn't been changed and the nozzles are still getting fouled with carbon on the later models too. I think it is worse for some due to driving conditions, fuel used and type of oil used. I don't know if VCM plays a part but it adds extra wear and tear on the driveline so you may want to consider a VCM disabler.
Thanks for the info, I tried to do some searching to find the 10yr 150k extension and wasn't able to come up with anything. Do you happen to know where I can find it? I think Ill look into getting the VCM disabler like you suggested just in case, seems easy enough.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
869 Posts
Thanks for the info, I tried to do some searching to find the 10yr 150k extension and wasn't able to come up with anything. Do you happen to know where I can find it? I think Ill look into getting the VCM disabler like you suggested just in case, seems easy enough.
Here is the sevice bulletin on the injectors

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts