Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies, but I must vent and acuramdx is down. . .but this is a good general question anyway.

1. Made a $1,000 "non-refundable" deposit on an MDX three weeks ago.
2. It's built and on the transporter right now.
3. I finally got an itemized bill from the dealer and there is an extra charge in there for $500. What it is for doesn't matter, what matters is that it was not disclosed until just now.

Question is, if I walk due to what I feel is a broken deal on their part, am I entitled to my $1,000 deposit?

I feel that I am, but I may be biased :)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Depends if you had some sort of contractual agreement that was signed when handing over the $1000.00 ... If it was written in the contract that you signed you have little legal footing in which to get your money back. If not, then you are entitled your money back. Undisclosed costs at delivery or at time of sale is every bit a reason to back out of the purchase of the vehicle. But, if you signed ... then you just might be SOL !

PrG

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am also visiting while the 'X site is down :)

Not sure what state you live in, but here in MA it is the law that they have to refund your deposit ... no reasons have to be given. I have done it twice and never had a problem getting my money back. I had used a credit card. The weasel dealers will just take their sweet time to credit back your card, but they have to do it. Some dealers will say that the deposit is non-refundable, which is against the law, but if the customer doesn't know better, they will probably feel that they have to buy the car :eek:

You should probably find out what your state laws are first, and proceed from there.

You will love the 'X :2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing I signed was the CC slip, so I should be OK there.

The thing that frustrates me more than anything was that I specifically asked the rep and manager to both go over all the up front costs. Neither one mentioned the $500 until today. Both stood there and lied to me.

Anyhoo, I'm sure I'd love the 'X, but not so sure I'm getting one now. I hate waiting for things, and I'm not sure another wait for this car is in my future. Yes, yes, I know. . .a three week wait for an 'X is nothing :)

And thanks for the advice, Ms. I'll look into it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts