Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are 34 and 35 respectively. Two children. 4yr. old boy and 2 yr. old girl. We are currently driving a 1994 Audi 100s Wagon and a 1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6. The Audi is a wonderful drive, but an expensive fix. The 4Runner is a champ in all categories except engine power. We really like the engine in the Audi and hope the Pilot can move as quickly up I-70 for ski trips this winter! We have a Pilot Sagebrush EX-L on order from McCarty Honda in Laramie Wyo. (2 hrs. from home near Boulder). MSRP $30,980.00 Discount $250.00 D/H $139.00 so we are about $110.00 under MSRP. Also ordered Front trim, mudguards and air deflector and the dealer threw in the crossbars. While I don't feel any of us are necessarily getting a good deal, we are certainly getting a good value IMHO. I just received a production date of August 27-31. Thanks for all the great posts and information, it was extremelly valuable to my decision making process.:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sounds great! Can I ask how you got the production date of Aug 27th? I am just curious what the difference is between ordering and putting down a $2,000 deposit is. I put a deposit down at Merced Honda in CA. I was told I was second on the list for an EX-L w/ Navi, but have not been given any dates.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Production Date

I ordered a Pilot on May 24, 2002. I received an e-mail from the salesperson on July 15, 2002 saying that he spoke to the honda rep. and received a tentative production date for our Order of August 27-31. I'm pretty skeptical in general, but don't have any reason not to believe him. He sounded pretty excited to have the information, i.e. "Great news....". I have read about other people receiving earlier build dates for Sandstone, but not yet on Sagebrush.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts