Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put down a deposit on a Silver EXL RES Pilot on July 10 via phone at a dealership 50 miles away because they said they had one on order for Aug. The price was MSRP + $250 document fees which I thought was reasonable and thought this would get us a PILOT the quickest.

The salesman said that most often the car arrived the last half of the month for which it is ordered and rarely but sometimes came the beginning of the next month. He asked for my e-mail address and said Honda wanted it to communicate with me - but did not explain further.

I later seemed to understand in some messages in this forum with orders receive e-mails with build dates and then another e-mail once it is built that gives the new owner the VIN number.

I called the salesman on Aug 2 telling him I had received no e-mail and wondered what I should expect - specifically asking where my build date info was. He called back to say they too should have received an e-mail, but had not. He said they called Honda and the estimated delivery date was Aug 20 but he didn't have a build date. I questioned this since I understood that delivery is approx. 2 weeks after build which would have put build date at Aug 6. I wondered why he wouldn't have build date on the 2nd if it was going to be built in the next few days.

Yesterday my wife visited the dealership and talked to the General Sales Manager. He had a printed page that he showed her that said build date was scheduled to be between Aug 10 and Aug 14. He said allow up to three weeks for delivery making the arrival date as late as Sept 4. He also said build dates can change - always delayed never sooner.

As of today still no e-mail. Does this sound right? What was your experience with the e-mail communication from Honda? Did you get an approximate build date or a specific date?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I would be surprised

if you got an email from Honda. You might get one from your dealer. I have the same build date you do and so does SoapPlant on this forum. The dealer called me with the build date about a month ago. The DEALER will call me with a VIN when it is built. Just remember you are not the client of Honda, your dealer is. You are the client of your dealer. If anyone does call or email you, it will probably be your dealer. Congratulations on the quick delivery. I have had my Sandstone on dealer list since March. Can't wait.:cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts