Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully you guys are able to help me where no one else seems to. I have a 2011 Honda Pilot, 156k mi which needed the spark plugs changed (cylinder 3 misfire and switched coils to make sure the code was the same). Had a friend change them then the same day and every day since then the car has had a delayed or slow start at least one to three times per day. Sounds the same but takes longer than it is supposed to to turn on. I can't help but feel it is related since it started the same day. I've used every resource and person that I am able to (can't afford dealership) to figure out the issue but no one seems to know. No codes either. Do the spark plugs need to be pulled back out and tightened again, not related or any ideas? At a loss and out of $ and the person who helped isn't anymore because they didn't know. Thanks!

·
Registered
359 Posts
What plugs were used? Exactly the manufacturer and part number. Where were they bought from?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The battery was checked and seems to be in good working condition, charging, no probs but I bought the car used so not sure when it was last changed. The spark plugs were brand new from O'Reilly's, Bosch 9619. Ive since taken the car to a mechanic as well and they did a tune-up (checked spark plugs since they were just changed) but the car still has a sporatic delayed start a few times per day.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Personally, I would remove the Bosch plugs and install NGK 7751 {ILZKR7B11} Laser Iridium plugs. While that Bosch is the "correct" plug and is iridium, I have seen too many issues caused by plugs, and your issue began when that happened.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today, I was told by the mechanic my purge valve was messed up so they fixed it (apparently the person I had change the spark plugs leaned on it or something). They thought that was the cause but when i got it home, boom delayed start again. I'll have to see who sells those spark plugs. Already spent a bunch of money to change out again and not know if it will fix the prob. Ty for your input, feels a little better knowing Im not alone getting to figure this out.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Have you verified the battery cables are tightly secured to the battery posts?
Have you verified the condition of the positive battery cable? Also negative battery cable and any cables from engine block to chassis?
Is the battery connection to the starter loose?
Is the starter original?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts