Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tinted the taillights back up and signal lights. Also installed led bulbs in the signal lights. Way brighter.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you tinted them to make them darker and then put in LED bulbs to make them brighter?
Tinted them to change the look of the taillights. Led bulbs are very bright also so with the film it reduces the brightness but it still looks bright enough.

·
Registered
180 Posts
But the tail light and brake light sections are still tinted....and less visible....likely why it is illegal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But the tail light and brake light sections are still tinted....and less visible....likely why it is illegal.
Back up lights are leds too so is bright enough. I even see the reflection on the highway signs at night from the led signal lights so they are very bright.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think you are confusing back up lights, signal lights, tail lights, and brake lights. If you can see back up lights on the highway, then you are going in reverse. Just saying though. Police give tickets for that regardless of what bulbs are in there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you are confusing back up lights, signal lights, tail lights, and brake lights. If you can see back up lights on the highway, then you are going in reverse. Just saying though. Police give tickets for that regardless of what bulbs are in there.
Read again what I wrote, I said the reflection from the signal lights not back up lights that would been bad lol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looks good. I GET YOUR POINT...
Do you have more pictures of the lights on etc. did you buy the film or was it precut? I wonder how it look on my white 2018 Pilot.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
642 Posts
Back up lights are leds too so is bright enough.
I guess that depends on where you are and what you need to see. My wife wants me to add extra backup lights for the long dark driveways. Hers will either get 2 of THESE mounted into something or THIS. All mine and kids cars have at least brighter projector end LEDS and/or added lights. It's amazing how much the camera doesn't actually see when it's dark and only lit by stock reverse lights.

I like how tinted tails look but my old, now more safety conscious self wants brighter versions not dimmed. When my cars get window tint I make sure they DON'T cover where the 3rd brake light is.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks good. I GET YOUR POINT...
Do you have more pictures of the lights on etc. did you buy the film or was it precut? I wonder how it look on my white 2018 Pilot.
I will take more pictures, the film came pre cut already.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess that depends on where you are and what you need to see. My wife wants me to add extra backup lights for the long dark driveways. Hers will either get 2 of THESE mounted into something or THIS. All mine and kids cars have at least brighter projector end LEDS and/or added lights. It's amazing how much the camera doesn't actually see when it's dark and only lit by stock reverse lights.

I like how tinted tails look but my old, now more safety conscious self wants brighter versions not dimmed. When my cars get window tint I make sure they DON'T cover where the 3rd brake light is.
Oh no I don't need brighter lights than the led ones, I may put led in the high beams also. They are halogen which sucks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Back up lights are leds too so is bright enough. I even see the reflection on the highway signs at night from the led signal lights so they are very bright.

I do not have an LED turn or brake signals in my vehicle, just the 10 year old stock bulbs that it came with. I still see the turn signals reflecting off those roadside and overhead signs with reflective coating on them. I agree that LEDs are probably brighter, but that statement of yours make me chuckle.

@Jicafold , depending on where he lives and what jurisdiction he drives often in, they may not even bother with it. I have a retrofitted projector morimoto HID kits in one of my vehicles and they pass the state inspection with no problem. Though any alteration of light emitting or amplifying devices, or replacing such with non DOT/SAE certified units are illegal and must be reserved for offroad & show use only. Heck I have a 21" light bar and have passed local cops with those on, and they have not bothered me. So it is a chance we take with these type of lights.

That said, what I do hate are those a$$holes with HID or LED bulbs in their reflector bowl headlamps and blind everyone around them with it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
True. However, my neighbor, who is a police officer here in San Antonio, has given tickets for both tinted tail lights and those light bars. It's the chance you take. And if you get rear ended in an accident, and you have tinted tail lights, then I imagine it becomes your fault.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
642 Posts
I actually told a couple people that had tinted tail lights or just real crappy LED's at intersections that I can barely see their lights. They get pissed off and have an attitude, normally younger crowd so I've gotten to the point of F them letthem get rear ended. One had both and you couldn't even see his regular parking lights at night. His brake lights were dimmer than my parking lights......but hey he's cool.

At least 3 times a week I let people know about a burnt out regular non tinted Brake light and they at least appreciate it and say thank you.

You could try to fight it if you rear end them but insurance will probably still deem it your fault for rear-ending them blaming following to close, not paying attention, to fast for conditions or texting and you're rates will go up because of an A-hole.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
No the police and the insurance companies will probably deem it your fault because you were following to close, not paying attention, to fast for conditions or texting thus being the reason for you rear-ending them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I actually told a couple people that had tinted tail lights or just real crappy LED's at intersections that I can barely see their lights. They get pissed off and have an attitude, normally younger crowd so I've gotten to the point of F them letthem get rear ended. One had both and you couldn't even see his regular parking lights at night. His brake lights were dimmer than my parking lights......but hey he's cool.
Tru dat dog. Too cool for school.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
You can't tell young folks anything nowadays without getting 'tude.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts