Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be debadging our new Black Edition (I always do this on our vehicles because I am picky and like a super clean look), however, I am having a hard time visualizing how the "Black Edition" badge on the front grill is attached. Anyone else Debadge? Anyone know easiest way to remove? Thx in advance.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,850 Posts
I would strongly suggest you not take off the front grill emblem. The radar unit is right there with it which is all part of the Honda Sensing package. It works in conjunction with the camera that is behind the rear view mirror area. It was specifically designed for the radar unit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would strongly suggest you not take off the front grill emblem. The radar unit is right there with it which is all part of the Honda Sensing package. It works in conjunction with the camera that is behind the rear view mirror area. It was specifically designed for the radar unit.
View attachment 140431

View attachment 140432
The "Black Edition" badge is off to the right of the Honda Emblem. I won't even be near the the radar system or the Honda Emblem. I should have been more specific in my original thread. I am not removing the big "H" on the front and back of the car. I am simply debadging the "Pilot," "Black Edition," "AWD," (all on the back) and the front small "Black Edition" badge.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,850 Posts
The "Black Edition" badge is off to the right of the Honda Emblem. I won't even be near the the radar system or the Honda Emblem. I should have been more specific in my original thread. I am not removing the big "H" on the front and back of the car. I am simply debadging the "Pilot," "Black Edition," "AWD," (all on the back) and the front small "Black Edition" badge.
Sorry, I thought you meant the Honda Emblem. There have been others that have wanted to do things to or get rid of the big centered H, not realizing that it is part of the Honda Sensing system. Didn't realize there was any other emblem on the front.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome to the Piloteers group!

Unrelated to de-badging, but since you got the 2021 Black Edition, wonder if you could tell us if there’s any little improvements? For instance, I’ve always been annoyed that there is a lot of rough sheet metal exposed when the tailgate is raised. The MDX has nice plastic covers for that, but they won’t fit the Pilot because the shape is different. Did Honda finally put plastic covers in the tailgate jambs on your 2021?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the Piloteers group!

Unrelated to de-badging, but since you got the 2021 Black Edition, wonder if you could tell us if there’s any little improvements? For instance, I’ve always been annoyed that there is a lot of rough sheet metal exposed when the tailgate is raised. The MDX has nice plastic covers for that, but they won’t fit the Pilot because the shape is different. Did Honda finally put plastic covers in the tailgate jambs on your 2021?
My wife is out running "errands" in it right now. I will take a look when she gets home and snap a few quick pics. I'll also snap a few of the badges so people realize which ones I mean. Any other questions about it? So far, am very happy with it. I won't be driving it as it was for my wife for her 50th birthday. She drove a CRV, then back to back Odysseys and since the kids are a bit older and driving she didn't feel she wanted all that extra room that the Ody provides (and it is amazing just how cavernous that machine is!) She did still however want 3 rows and she liked the blacked out look.

·
Registered
813 Posts

I don't think it'll look good if you de-badge the front. There's just going to be an ugly blank rectangle there which I don't think you can remove. You could get some black letters instead and have that sitting there. One option I could think of is to replace the grill with one from an elite or touring if you want a gloss black look, or you can do an EX-L or lower if you want flat black. Now I'm pretty sure that another Piloteer is going to say that the size is different or something like that lol.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I kinda agree here De badge that B*itch .. it'll look awesome ... i do the same with my GM trucks ..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My wife is out running "errands" in it right now. I will take a look when she gets home and snap a few quick pics. I'll also snap a few of the badges so people realize which ones I mean. Any other questions about it? So far, am very happy with it. I won't be driving it as it was for my wife for her 50th birthday. She drove a CRV, then back to back Odysseys and since the kids are a bit older and driving she didn't feel she wanted all that extra room that the Ody provides (and it is amazing just how cavernous that machine is!) She did still however want 3 rows and she liked the blacked out look.
Doesn't look like they have added any kind of covers for those area:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
View attachment 140433
I don't think it'll look good if you de-badge the front. There's just going to be an ugly blank rectangle there which I don't think you can remove. You could get some black letters instead and have that sitting there. One option I could think of is to replace the grill with one from an elite or touring if you want a gloss black look, or you can do an EX-L or lower if you want flat black. Now I'm pretty sure that another Piloteer is going to say that the size is different or something like that lol.
If you will notice (I've included 2 marked up photos) the Black Edition badge on the front is simply attached to the back of the two vertical columns of the bumper on the right side. The left side is EXACTLY the same, it's just missing the badge. The badge itself just appears to have some kind of plastic "c-clamp" (for lack of better term) that hold sit onto these vertical fins from the back. once removed it will look exactly like the left side. No rectangle there or anything. I am not removing just the letters from the front badge, I will be removing the whole rectangular badge. Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I was able to get my phone back there and get a really crappy video of how that badge is attached. It has two plastic "c-clamps" that are molded into the badge itself around the back. They span the whole height of the vertical "fin" and clip to the upper and lower horizontal bar. It's done this way to keep the badge from sliding up and down on the vertical fin. I could just cut the badge in half in the middle and then use a dremel to remove it, but I have decided that I am too lazy and don't care enough to remove it. After all, it's my wife's car and she doesn't care one way or the other. So for now, the badges live!!!

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EXL AWD
93 Posts
View attachment 140431

View attachment 140432
That's bull... I've removed mine 3x since I've install an LED lightbar behind the bottom grille.

The sensors are attached to a metal bracket and it is not touched when bumper is removed.

The front emblem, it has 4 tabs, 2 on top and 2 on the bottom. The tabs on top are longer so push it down and push outward. The bottom tabs, you pull upward and push out. You need to remove the huge emblem to remove the middle one that is from one end of the headlight to another.
I've attached a picture and circled the sensor
Removal of the front bumper is the same as 2018 model but the middle emblem.must be removed first before you can remove the long chrome part in the middle.

·
Registered
813 Posts
If you will notice (I've included 2 marked up photos) the Black Edition badge on the front is simply attached to the back of the two vertical columns of the bumper on the right side. The left side is EXACTLY the same, it's just missing the badge. The badge itself just appears to have some kind of plastic "c-clamp" (for lack of better term) that hold sit onto these vertical fins from the back. once removed it will look exactly like the left side. No rectangle there or anything. I am not removing just the letters from the front badge, I will be removing the whole rectangular badge. Hope this makes sense.
View attachment 140437 View attachment 140438
Ahh I understand now. Thanks for letting me know about that!

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's bull... I've removed mine 3x since I've install an LED lightbar behind the bottom grille.

The sensors are attached to a metal bracket and it is not touched when bumper is removed.

The front emblem, it has 4 tabs, 2 on top and 2 on the bottom. The tabs on top are longer so push it down and push outward. The bottom tabs, you pull upward and push out. You need to remove the huge emblem to remove the middle one that is from one end of the headlight to another.
I've attached a picture and circled the sensor
Removal of the front bumper is the same as 2018 model but the middle emblem.must be removed first before you can remove the long chrome part in the middle.
View attachment 140441
any pics of this reassembled? looks cool

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2020 Black Edition and would like to take just the back badge off how do you do it without marring the finish?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Easy really. Just get a hair dryer and set it to hot. Blow it over the badge for a couple of minutes just to soften the adhesive (that’s all that’s holding the badge on) then use a 6-7” piece of fishing line as a makeshift saw. Just get it behind one edge of the badge and slowly (while pulling towards you and not towards the car) go back and forth in a sawing motion until you have the badge off. There will be some residue left behind but a good bug and tar remover or goo be gone will get rid of it. Just use smooth motions while taking off the residue so as not to swirl the clear coat. Even if u did get a little swirl or two it’s easily polished out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts