Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - my name is Marcus and the folks are interested in a Pilot EX/EXL. Can anyone offer advice on what a "good deal" would be? Above invoice or below retail? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
10 Posts
A Good Deal???

Hey Marcus,

Try the folks over at Bill Pearce Courtesy Honda in Reno, Nevada. I got mine there a couple of weeks ago at MSRP. I think thats a good price. There are some who have posted getting them well below MSRP, but I'll believe it when they post a copy of their sale agreement.

Jerry

·
Registered
991 Posts
I would not buy one now for anything more then $500.00 below MSRP, dealers no know that the big surge is over and are no letting them go cheaper.. One person got one for 2200. below!!

rob

·
Registered
23 Posts
deal

Marcus-

I'm sure the bay area is a tougher place to secure a deal on a Pilot than the southwest where I live, but I got an EX-L RES (with mudflaps and pin stripes) for $30,150. That's >$2000 below MSRP. The dealership was Bender Honda in Clovis, NM. The salesperson I dealt with was A.R., and I found him to be quite pleasant to deal with. I'm not sure why they went so low, but I had the same offer from a dealer in Roswell, NM but they did not have the vehicle in stock. The dealer in Clovis matched the deal. The car had 275 miles on it, so it might have been a demo, but I still was extremely happy with the deal.

I suggest you cast your net very wide. If you know what you want there is really no need to even see the vehicle before purchasing in my mind. If you are comfortable with that, you can work with dealers that are a fair distance away from you. I would be glad to get you the information for the dealer I worked with. I asked them when they delivered my vehicle (we met at a half way location) if they'd ship cars, and A.R. said yes. might be worth a try.

It was my experience that some dealers won't budge on price, and some will. The trick for me was contacting enough dealers that I could find the ones that wanted to move vehicles. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to Everyone!

OK, got some good tips and an ideas so far on price ranges. Keep em coming and "Thanks!" to those who already replied.

·
Registered
29 Posts
boiler has the right idea, imho.

To get a good price on a vehicle that is in demand, you will probably need to reach out to a fair number of dealers. This takes a lot more work than going to the closest dealer and paying what they want. I contacted dozens of dealers, all by fax, seeking their best deal on the precise Pilot I wanted. From reading this board religiously (and checking in on Edmunds townhall), I knew exactly how much I hoped to pay. About a third bothered to respond. I narrowed it further with another round of faxes. I ended up right around $2k below MSRP and never had to deal with the hard sell or hassles.

good luck.

fitzkorn

SBP Pilot EX-L w RES

·
Registered
19 Posts
fitzkorn said:
I ended up right around $2k below MSRP and never had to deal with the hard sell or hassles.
Did you get yours in the MD/DC/VA area? I'm about to get a Pilot for the wife and would appreciate any dealer/salesperson reccommendations.

thanks!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Northern VA

If you are in Northern Virginia I would highly recommend Sarah Schroeder/Tom Turner at Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge. I have bought many Hondas from Tom. Most recent our Pilot EX-l with Nav about 3 weeks ago. You may use my name as a reference if you talk to Tom.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone in the Washington DC area might consider what I did and buy in Harrisburg, Pa...about 2 hours from DC... at Faulkner Honda. Salesman was stan Baker. I got an EX-L for $29,120 in the color we wanted. Other than getting the leather, we didn't get any extras like DVD or NAV. Stan/Faulkner were great to deal with.

And Jerry, I'd be glad to fax a copy of the sales receipt since it's well below invoice/MSRP:D ! Just tell me how to do it or where to fax it to.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here in Long Island they want full MSRP and you have to wait to top it off . . . I'm surprised to hear demand and wait times isn't a lot in other parts of the USA

·
Registered
13 Posts
Actually it's the same in the DC area as in NY and I suspect most major metro areas. I was surprised at how willing they were to negotiate in Harrisburg and how I was able to do about $3k-$4k better there than I was here. I'm up there enough for work and it's close enough that I didn't mind going there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The local dealer has the vehicle coming in next week in the color my wife wants - Silver. We're hoping to take an extended test drive on Tues. If they're willing to come within a decent range of $1750 under MSRP I'll probably take the deal. Otherwise, I'll turn to the Rizzo Method and cast a net in a 50-100 mile radius.

thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts