Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the very early stages of looking for a new vehicle. I'm doing a lot of research and came across this great site. I'm trying my best to not get brainwashed by all of the love for Pilots here so I can make a level headed decision. :)

Have any of you bought a Pilot in or around Houston? I'm wondering if there are any good deals to be had at this time.

I'm also thinking about waiting until the 2004's come out and maybe pick up a 2003 that a dealer may try to unload.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
495 Posts
HoustonTexan said:
I'm in the very early stages of looking for a new vehicle. I'm doing a lot of research and came across this great site. I'm trying my best to not get brainwashed by all of the love for Pilots here so I can make a level headed decision. :)

Have any of you bought a Pilot in or around Houston? I'm wondering if there are any good deals to be had at this time.

I'm also thinking about waiting until the 2004's come out and maybe pick up a 2003 that a dealer may try to unload.

Thanks.
Welcome HoustonTexan!

We bought ours back in late January, when they were just willing to come off the price here. A little patience might help you if you can wait to get that '03 when the '04 's start arriving in August.

I pass by Goodson on Katy Freeway every day, and the Pilots seem to have a longer shelf life as of late. Slower movement hopefully will work in your favor also.

We got ours at John Eagle off of 1960, who provides a free loaner car when you go in for service (very handy). Our salesman, Paul Neemer, was great; and the service team there treats you like a king.

Before you go in to deal, make sure you have a fair price determined for the warranty, if you are planning to get one. We remembered to research everything but that, and boy they did stick it to us.

The good news is if you can provide references to almost anything related to the deal (warranty pricing, finanace rates, front tint costs, etc.), these folks will match/beat the price to get your business.

Best of luck!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rtresco,

Thanks for the info.

I'm still going back and forth between the Highlander and the Pilot. The main obstacle being the higher price of the Pilot. If I can hold out I may wait until the fall when those 2004's come out and hope for a big drop in the 2003.

I drive a company car so I put very little miles on my personal vehicle so I will keep my next car a very long time.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
495 Posts
HoustonTexan said:
rtresco,

Thanks for the info.

I'm still going back and forth between the Highlander and the Pilot. The main obstacle being the higher price of the Pilot. If I can hold out I may wait until the fall when those 2004's come out and hope for a big drop in the 2003.

I drive a company car so I put very little miles on my personal vehicle so I will keep my next car a very long time.

Thanks again.
You bet! We looked at both also, and side by side, we preferred the styling of the Pilot's exterior. On the inside, the Pilot felt less like a van to us. I agree, though, that money talks.

You basically can't go wrong with either vehicle.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
HoustonTexan said:
rtresco,
Word is the 2004 Pilot will be coming out in August.

·
Registered
286 Posts

Thanks. [/B]

Hey there Houston, Welcome to the forum. I bought 2 Pilots at the same time and got what I consider to be a pretty good deal. Of course I bought them both a week before Christmas when dealers are thinking about dumping inventory before the end of the year. Funny thing is tho, they had to wait for one that was already ordred and on it's way from SC. and trade another dealer for the other one as they did not have what we wanted in stock.
Try Clearlake Honda, and ask for David Kieu. Good guy and not at all pushy. Tell him you were refered by the guy that bought 2 silver EX's from him!
There are a bumch of Honda dealers in the area. Before you go into make your deal, get quotes from all of the internet
sales guys from each dealer. Use what they offer to squeeze from dealer to dealer!

Good luck and happy Piloting!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Re: Re: Deals in Houston?

Harddrv said:
... I bought 2 Pilots at the same time and ...
Rub it in, Harddrv... rub it in... :2:

<jealous>rtresco</jealous>

·
Registered
1 Posts
You should check out Streather-Smith Honda in Conroe. We purchased our Pilot from Wesley Coleman last month and were pleased with the service and price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HoustonTexan,

I live in Austin and I am also searching for dealer for an EX, what is the best price you get from Houston dealer?:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got my two weeks ago at McDavid. I got a white one with RES and they give it to me at invoice. I was kind of worry about some kind of scam but in the end it was legit. They put on 399 worth of Etching fee and I told them I don't want the can etch for 400 and they took it off without even arguing. I know the sales guys a while back and bought a Prelude from him. Turns out he still works there and is now the manager for all the Internet salesman.

It started out at 1,200 over invoice right off and then they back down to 500 over invoice and invoice if I trade my VW with them. I got a better price at CarMax and want to get it at 500 over invoice and the sales guy (Jerome) told me that he will honor what he quoted with or without the trade (the price being at invoice). So I picked one up at invoice. Sammy (the manager) and Jerome (the salesman) are very good to work with.

I have tried Goodson and they wanted 1,500 over invoice and give me a sale pitch of that being end of the month deal. You can do better than 1,500 or 1,000 over invoice around houston.

Good luck!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Over Invoice??

I got min, (EX -Cloth w/o RES or NAV) for
30K including all taxes, titles etc. And that was without a trade in!

·
Registered
103 Posts
For those in the Houston area, if you want to drive east, check out Billy Navarre Honda in Lake Charles, LA. We got an EX w/ cloth for $27K before tax and title. And by the way, for those still on the fence -- we believe the Pilot is a better value for the money than the Highlander.

Cajun Pilot :4:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts