Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have decided to purchase a new 2021 Honda Pilot Elite. In getting prices from other dealers in the area, one dealership was around $4000 lower than the others, $47,000 OTD. Everyone else was over $51,000 OTD. It turns out the Dealership with the super low price was hit by a hail storm recently. They even advertise on their website that they have people on the lot that can fix hail damaged cars. So I asked it this particular car was damaged by hail and repaired. The sales manager told me that this vehicle arrived after the storm, it had not been damaged at all and that he would have to disclose when a vehicle had been damaged before he could sell it. We are not local to this dealership and we can't go see the car until Wednesday. He is not asking us to put a deposit down to hold the vehicle for us. He said we would have first right to buy if another customer was interested in the car. All of this sounds really fishy. My husband wants to go see the Pilot and if it looks fine, and drives fine, buy it. Would a Honda dealership sell cars that have been damaged and repaired without disclosing this to the buyer?

Thanks,
Pat

·
Registered
743 Posts
They have records when the veh was delivered to the dealership, should be easy to determine if it was after the storm. They are probably telling the truth, as Honda would know about an insurance claim against the veh., and demand it's disclosed.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
I ask for proof of when it was delivered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts