Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything was fine with our Pilot unitl we had to bring it in for the recall a few weeks ago. Getting the recall work done went fine... they found out that the timing belt was already getting damaged and replaced everything.

The problem was the fact that they backed it up into some stuff deeply scratching up the rear bumper. Normally i would not have posted that on the board because i figured they would take care of it.

So a week later when it was convenient to be without the Pilot, they take it back to get it fixed. When we picked it up later that week we find there is an extra 30miles on the odomoter (when there are many really really good body shops in our area), they didnt even clean the car, and the WORST part is that there is overspray all over the back, the lights, and the window.

besides that obvious sign that they took it to a body shop that did a crappy job, there is signs of paint on the black bumper moldings & the clear coat is starting to peel on the bumper.

(JEEZ it would have been much easier would it have been to remove the bumper... remove the black plastic pieces... then patch the scratches and paint!!!!)

So we take it back again today... all they do is detail it to hide the overspray but it is still there... you can feel it and you can see it. I am so mad because i was very patient with them and they still screw up:3:

I expect much more than this... this is completely unexcusable to me.

When my BMW got scratches on the fender from tools... they got me another BMW to drive while mine was getting taken care of, then they detail the outside & inside, took care of all other scratches that had nothing to do with what they did on different parts of the car, and placed a little gift bag with meguires quik detail and interior wipes in the car with a card...

What does Honda do... THEY GIVE THE CAR BACK TO ME DIRTIER AND LOOKING WORSE WITH ALL THE OVERSPRAY... and then they fix it by just trying to hide it!!!

:3: :3: :3: :3: :3:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Honda's breaks Honda must fix!

I am really sorry to here this..but Honda Has to fix this!
Don't take it back that way, make sure they clean all the paint of the glass and lights, tell them this is unacceptable and don't leave until they say they will make it right.. (If it means a new paint job to the damaged area so be it)

All of the dealers that I have been to have been better then great, but sometimes they make mistakes to save some money, since this was not a warrenty issue, but a screw up at the dealer.

No, Honda breaks Honda fixes

PS.. ask them if they have heard of washing a car before

take care
rob:4:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yup,

This is why I traded in my 99 accord for an Acura....I always got sh!tty service from the Honda dealership....but Acura dealer always bent over backwards to make sure I was happy. I traded the acura in for a Pilot...hope I don't regret it because of service.....I would discuss this with a lawyer, and let them know....also...I wouldn't even accept a scratched pilot....heck you haven't had it long enough to accept it scratched...from the dealer....

Sorry for your problems bud...:(

·
Registered
290 Posts
I agree. 100% Unacceptable. Tell them you don't want it back until it is like new again.

I would ask to speak to the Service Manager. I would tell him that you want to entire car detailed also.

I would ask them where they had the body work done, also. If it is a local shop, inquire as to why so many miles were put on it.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
First off I've report 'em to Honda! Then I'd tell them to fix it to perfection and let them know you're not going to accept anything else. Totally unacceptable! What a bunch of yahoos! Gees! :headshak:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
The Dealer is not HONDA

Call Honda customer service.
Talk to the Service manager and the General Manager.
Did their body shop do th ework, or did they contract it out?
Where is the body shop?
30 miles is not unrreasonable, but would be curious where it went.
Be nice, Be reasonable, and BE FIRM!

·
Registered
241 Posts
not good

In the recall notice there is a phone number to use in the event you're going to go nuts over bad service. It may not be the one for this mess but they should be able to get you another.
If the management of that place lets that happen don't even bother going back to them. Go way up the ladder.
Good luck man.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This is disgusting to hear what a shoddy deal you have been handed out by this delear. Do not accept any thing short of a complete and clean job.
I suggest you write or contact American Honda and report this matter ASAP.
I am sorry that this happened to you. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So i just brought it back today. The first service rep noticed it... said he would take care of it all and did not document anything... i was not comfortable with that.

Then i saw the service advisor that was taking care of the car originally... showed him the overspray areas and he had the nerve to say that the damage was only on the bumper and that was all that was repaired. SO i had to explain to him what overspray was and how it can get everywhere else.

seemed like he was trying to cover up the fact that it was neither their fault or the shop that they contracted it out to. But i would not let him out that easily.

TOO make matters worse there was a customer that was admiring the Pilot... and he overheard what we where talking about so i invited him to also feel the paint... he noticed it also but had a "carefree" attitude about it all saying not to worry... so then while arguing with the service person i had to explain to this idiote of a customer that from past experience with my BMW... this was unacceptable!!!

To sum it all up, the first service advisor tells me that the job was pretty much unacceptable & that they should have taken the bumper off to begine with (but he doesn't document anything so he can change his story), the original service advisor tries to cover it up, and a customer says to forget about it.

When i left i saw the 2 service advisors and the service manager huddled around our pilot.

Anyways the service invoice states that they will check for the overspray & advise... (didn't i spend time showing them the overspray?) whatver... they better take care of it.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Oh God... What a mess. How frustrating for you. But I know how it helps having a 'forum' of people backing you up! Hang in there...
:4:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I might check under your state's lemon law also....in my state it says that if there is a defect which drastically changes the car's value, that you get your money back.....I'd check into it.
:3: :whip:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Keep pounding them, you will win!!:twak:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Not good

Have you tried your Attorney General. They usually have a consumer department for these things.

Really sounds like your getting a screw job.

They rely on wearing you down until you just say screw it and leave.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Similar event, but after the amatuerish damage I sure didnt trust them to leave the pilot with them to fix it, so WTW do you do?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
What's with the resurrection of dead threads? :confused:

·
Administrator
15,513 Posts
Why are you pulling up threads that have been dead for years Pilothead?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Why are you pulling up threads that have been dead for years Pilothead?
How is it dead? Have all Honda dealers started satisfying Pilot owners 100%? What am I missing here?...must be getting old…like the pilot. First time I have been chastised for posting here. :headshak:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Sometimes it's kinda cool to see some of the old names like "Sage" that have not posted for years!

:29:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry to hear that but it is fact that most of Honda dealers' services are way poorer than before. I have had several incidents with local Honda dealers and fixed the problem after writing e-mails to dealer service managers and Honda headquarter. Don't give up!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
What timing belt recall? Couldn't find it when using "timing belt recall" in search.

Sorry about your frustration with the dealer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts