Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest on how i can removes this rubber/plastic sticker without damaging paint ?

thanks !

Attachments

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Is it a sticker or "plate." If it's a plate that sticks out sorta like the Pilot letters on the other side, I'd use a hair dryer to gently heat it up, and then slip some 30 pound test fishing line behind it, working the line gently under it to free up the badge/plate. Just wear gloves, wrap the fishing line around your fingers, and use a motion like flossing your teeth with the fishing line under the plate.

I'd use WD40 or bug/tar remover to get any remaining adhesive off, then I'd wax/polish that area.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jay

Its a rubber plate just similar to the Pilot letters but with a "rubbery" feel to it....will try the hair dryer trick and post it after
wards.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
try having the dealer remove it for you. Tell him you will advertise for him for a "fee". No fee, no ad!

·
Registered
602 Posts
I try to remember to tell the salesman that I don't want a dealer emblem put on my vehicle. If it's already there, I won't drive off the lot until it's removed. I guess you could say that I hate those things. Dealer license plate frames are one thing, but stickers are another. I remember when they used to drill holes to affix dealer emblems. Talk about nerve!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got them off using a hair dryer....then wd40.....
thanks to all...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use to take my Nissan to the dealer for service and every time I picked it up, they would have put on another license plate frame with their dealer name and phone number. I would ask them to take it off, and they would say "let me find someone for you" and make me wait 10 minutes. After that I started breaking the plastic frame off right there and leave it in pieces on the service bay floor. Never stopped them from putting it on each time. You are right ... these places have a lot of nerve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts