Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that someone was going to be picking their Pilot up on a Sunday. In Wisconsin, by law, all dealers are closed on Sundays. Your guess is as good as mine as to why............

Is this something unique to WI or does this occur in other States?

I personally like it because it gives the prey a chance to look over the vehicles without the vultures circling! :4:

·
Registered
7 Posts
All dealers in our area are closed on Sunday. Speaking out for the vultures, those 10- 14 hour days are bad enough 6 days a week. I think Sundays are great for the prey to explore the lot and come back during the week with a car already picked out. It makes the whole transaction easier. Thank God that after 17 years of selling Hondas my customers no longer view me as a vulture but as a friend. Everyone of these relationships started with the vulture- prey attitude at first. The car business has a long way to go in dealing with customers. The price gouging on Pilots, Odysseys, Crv's, and the 2003 Accords only makes the situation worse. So many dealers are short term thinkers and destroy any chance or developing long term clients by trying to stick customers at any opportunity. It doesnt's look like it will change soon so all people coming on our lot have a chip on their shoulder and I don't blame them. Thanks for allowing me to vent, Mr. Salesman

·
Registered
206 Posts
Some are open here on Long Island, some are closed...no one seems to allow test drives on Sundays.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Vultures???

To cwtbone

Sorry to hear so many people still refer to you guys as vultures. The people who sold us our Pilot also sold us our last vehicle. (not a Honda) and we have been more than happy with both our salesmen. Two different guys in two different buildings. Very pleasant experiences both times. I too enjoy prowling the lots after hours, but have also spent many hours just hanging out at the Honda dealer even after we closed the deal. It's fun and most of the salestaff know me by name now. I think they were as happy to see the pilot come in as I was.

BTW to all, we found an open dealer just north of Atlanta on Sunday while coming home from vacation. Our dealer in Lexingon is closed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mr. Salesguy,
Do you sell the above mentioned vehicles ABOVE MSRP? The reason I ask........I sell Honda's as well (at or below MSRP) and don't necessarily believe that selling at MSRP for vehicles in high demand is price gouging. Just my .02

BTW, much to my wife's dislike, we have to work the last two Sundays of the month.

·
Registered
395 Posts
In Texas, car dealers may be open on Saturdays or Sundays, but not both. This was a law made in the 1980s, changing the previous law that they could not be open on Sundays.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We sell cars that are in high demand for Msrp and sometimes slightly less. We have no paint and fabric add ons and only add for customer requested options. MSRP I can live with. Rip off artist like some dealers I can not. I refuse to work for a dealer that ruins my reputation with customers by price gouging. I am very fortunate to work at a dealership that does things the way I am comfortable with. Mr. Salesman

·
Registered
797 Posts
cwtbone: Do you working the lot on Sundays? Met a guy once who said he would sneak around his own dealer on Sunday when people were looking while they were closed and hand out his business card. Pretty sneaky!

BTW, here in Germany, EVERYTHING is closed on Sundays. Starts on Saturday at 4PM. No work, No Noise. Just tourist places and restaurants can be open. It is even against the law to mow your lawn or wash your car on Sundays. Actually, very relaxing :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts