Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Hope youre all doing well. Ive scheduled a timing belt replacement job with PhillipsBurg/Easton Honda because I dont have time to do this myself right now and wanted to hear any feedback from those that have taken their vehicles there for the same service.
I'm expecting and preparing for them to up-sell me on services which I dont want or need but just want to know since im a little paranoid if any horror stories exist of them failing on a timing belt job.

Believe me, if I had the time I would do it myself but I rather get it fixed asap because of the TB tensioner noise its making. Its really not as loud as what I found on youtube or forums but I know what the outcome would be if the tensioner fails.

For the price they gave me which includes all parts I found it well worth it.

2010 ex-L btw

·
Registered
167 Posts
Haven't been there, but some of the advice people could give might be dependent on how many miles your Pilot has and what the service history is, so consider posting that.

I replaced a low-miles high-age belt (because belts can age out as well as wear out), but didn't change any of the other stuff because it is more miles-dependent. My dealer wanted to do the camshaft seals but I've heard some people here say that that is what caused them to start leaking. Good luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took a look last night by taking off both cam covers and from what I can see there is no leak.
I'll check again right before dropping her off at Honda.

As far as maintenance goes. I've done all fluid, brake rotors, and pad changes.
I do have to change one of my front strut mount bearings but im just going to order a complete suspension set from Honda and install that myself come spring time.
Other than that, no mechanical issues, or leaks.

Surprisingly, while searching for my air ratchet I found a engine blocker heater that I purchased for my TL which I never installed.
Might go ahead and have Honda install just the bolt if I can persuade them to do it for free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts