Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am finally getting ready to have the timing belt replaced on my 2011 Pilot. The mileage is 125k. I know I'm over in time and mileage but couldn't get it done before now. I do not know what is and is not included. I would like the water pump, antifreeze and all hoses replaced. I would also like any pulleys and tensioners that should be replaced, replaced and the serpentine belt replaced. I also need to have the valves adjusted. Is there anything I am missing? I just want to have a complete list so I can compare prices on apples to apples service. I regularly change the oil, transmission fluid, rear differential fluid, transfer case fluid, brake fluid and filters and spark plugs. I will be changing the power steering fluid when the weather cools off. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Parts should include...
Timing Belt
Water Pump
Timing Belt Tensioner
Timing Belt Pulley
(And bolt if needed)
Idler Pulley
(And bolt if needed)
Water Pump w/gasket
Antifreeze/Flush
Then other parts...,
Serpentine Belt
Serpentine Belt Tensioner
(And bolt if needed)
There should be no labor charge to replace these since they must be removed to do the TB WP job.

Reactions: Thefishman

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
I DIY, I know that's not for everyone, but if you have an independent shop do the work, I recommend the Aisin kit. It has everything I listed for the TB WP job. It's put together with mostly OE parts. It's the only kit I trust.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,165 Posts
You mentioned hoses, so upper and lower radiator hoses. While that’s being done might consider thermostat and its gasket as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts