Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a Honda Pilot EX-L for delivery in December or January. Any suggestions on a dealer that will price below MSRP? I will pay cash so I am not interested in those giving good leases. I live near Princeton NJ but I would be willing to travel between Philadelphia to Boston to save a couple of thousand so any suggestions in other states in between would also be most welcomed.
Thanks,
Kelly

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Hi, Kelly.

I'm in very similar boat, er ... SUV, as you. December or January delivery--I guess you're looking for an '04 model? Does anyone know anything about differences with the '04 models?

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
check out the dealer rating link above ...

best of luck..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Check out Paragon Honda in Queens, NY. I just ordered my Pilot from them on Friday at $1,000 below MSRP.... Happy Pilot Shopping! :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
in Jersey

We dealt with several dealers here in Jersey, so I have a pretty good line on this. I also know why you'd be looking elsewhere if you live in Princeton. We spoke with princeton Honda for about 5 seconds. They said "MSRP only. Bye."

Since you are in Princeton, check out turnersville Honda. They have a big website: http://www.turnersvilleautocomplex.com/

email them through the site and you'll get a message back with a price $1,000 off MSRP. Pretty easy.

We bought ours through Coast Honda on Rt. 34 in Wall (I think that's the town). Got it for $1100 off. Ask for Patty. Great place to deal with. Very easy transaction and no haggling. They gave us that price as their first and last offer. And they gave us the true amount for our trade right off the bat. She did say she probably wouldn't do that for other folks, so I shouldn't spread it around, but I do want to tell people to at least go see her and giver her a shot.

Another place to avoid is Academy Honda in Eatontown. They jerked us around forever and just wasted alot of our time in the end (offered $990 off, but then tried to stick us with $400 wheel locks!).

Let's see.... oh, another one to definitely avoid is VIP Honda in North Plainfield. Another place that wasted alot of our time. Told us all sorts of things on the phone to get us over there, then we get there and they make us wait for 1 1/2 hours to tell us that nothing they told us over the phone was true.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I will definitely contact Paragon, Turnersville, and Coast and hope that one of the 3 comes through with less than MSRP. Also, I guess my January delivery means a 2004 model which will not be priced until after summer.

I'll post my results in September. This is a great website.

Thanks again,
Kelly

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you do decide to go with Paragon and will be financing through Honda, make sure you get the details on the finanancing before you sign anything. They are trying to give me a 5.74 unless I sign up for the extended warranty. If I do, they said the rate would be 3.74..... Needless to say, I am not thrilled at this point in time.... :13:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts