Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
640 Posts
Honda just changed recently due to inventories etc. that you have to turn the lease in to Honda dealer only if you don't buy it. I haven't looked at full details yet.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
577 Posts
My opinion - if you've got the time, why not go see what they say? If it's a waste of time it's a waste of time, but sometimes these things happen.

Example - coworker had a '19 GTI with 20k miles on it. No intention of trading it. The salesman he bought it from called him out of the blue and told him they had someone looking for his exact car in that color. He ended up getting $2k over what he paid for it 2 years and 20k miles later. He did get a used Tiguan from the dealer as a trade but by all accounts he got a fair deal on it. So he made out ahead since they were considering getting an SUV anyway.
Even though your coworker won the battle he definitely lost the war.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Even though your coworker won the battle he definitely lost the war.
Meh, his back isn't great and his wife's is worse. He loved driving it in a sporty manner but was already acknowledging they needed something more practical. I don't care for the Tiguan but the numbers worked for him.

·
Registered
Black 2019 Pilot Elite
36 Posts
Dealerships are having such a hard time with inventory. My friend is trading in his 4 year old truck and only depreciating $4k with 60k miles on it. He’s getting a much nicer truck and saving $250 per month on vehicle payments because of the equity he has in his current truck. I know it extends his payment out another 60 months, but it’s worth it to him for something he has budgeted for.

·
Registered
2005 Honda pilot EX-L (Big Ronda)
159 Posts
View attachment 150807 They probably expect to lengthen your loan far enough into the future to cover all contingencies they can’t figure out.
He's right. They want to stack a new loan on top of what you already owe. Then likely sell your old Pilot for a high mark-up. They tried the same with my sister's Civic and she was getting getting a HRV for her husband atm. They still tried though lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a dealer call me with a deal like this a number of years ago, back when spam calls were not as prevalent and I actually answered the phone from numbers not in my phone....

The person on the other end of the phone did not have a good answer when I responded with, "My payments are zero and I plan to keep it that way. What do you have on the lot that you will make an even trade for my Pilot?"

21 - 27 of 27 Posts