Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from a newbie. I've been shopping for a few weeks for an EX w/o leather. In a major southeastern U.S. city newspaper today I saw an ad from a Honda dealer for a "Brand New 2003 Honda Pilot EX for $25,978.00!!!! Fine print says "Plus tax, tag, title and WRA fees."
This price is $800.00 below INVOICE! I'm 100 miles from the dealer and I was unable to go there today. Any comments on this ad?

(I checked their website, they have 5 silver EX's w/o leather.)

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
cat14 said:
Greetings from a newbie. I've been shopping for a few weeks for an EX w/o leather. In a major southeastern U.S. city newspaper today I saw an ad from a Honda dealer for a "Brand New 2003 Honda Pilot EX for $25,978.00!!!! Fine print says "Plus tax, tag, title and WRA fees."
This price is $800.00 below INVOICE! I'm 100 miles from the dealer and I was unable to go there today. Any comments on this ad?

(I checked their website, they have 5 silver EX's w/o leather.)
Looks like a heck of a deal - but what are the "WRA" fees?

Good luck!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to a local dealer that I know and he said it is the "Warranty Resolution Act" fees, or "The Lemon Law." He said the fee is $3.00.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
well talk to him if he will sell at that price. I bought mine seeing a similar ad and called the deaer and said if he would sell at the price .He said yes and I gave deposit. My price was $2200 below MSRP.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Go for it!!

Agree - if he will sell for that price!!

Again, Good Luck! :2:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Can you call the dealer first before driving 100 miles to visit him? Ask him if the price is good for any of the 5 silver EX's on the lot!! It may be that the price is only good for only one of them (and it's got high miles because the dealer used it as the demo/test drive vehicle). Otherwise, it sounds like a pretty good deal -- it's worth checking out if you're serious about purchasing a Pilot (I would drive the 100 miles to check it out, if it were me).... :) :) :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I just called the dealership. Isn't this a shock! Salesman said the ad was wrong, both of the stock #'s listed were LX's. I told him that I probably wouldn't question that except for the fact that on their website both stock #'s were also shown as EX's! I really find it hard to believe they would make the mistake in both places. I assumed something wasn't right. Glad I didn't make the 100 mile drive.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Good thing you called first, cat14, before making the trip!!! This sounds like the old bait-and-switch that salesmen are so famous for: advertise one thing and when you show up, try and sell you something else. I'm willing to bet my Pilot that they were just full of baloney about the newspaper ad and the Internet being a mistake -- good thing you didn't make the mistake of visiting them. This is the kind of crap-oh-la that gives car salesmen a bad rep.... :3: :3: :3:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts