Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Craig Colwell from Dix Honda in State College, PA. Craig was very professional with us. He answered our questions and concerns and made our Pilot purchase experience very enjoyable! We purchased our Sandstone Metallic LX in November, 2002. Since then, we have put approx. 5500 miles on our Pilot. I just talked with Craig to schedule our first maintenance and decided to have running boards installed during the visit. Craig was able to give me a very good price in comparison with Tim from Hondacuraworld. I have purchased all weather mats and the cargo organizer from Tim and was very pleased with the price and service I received from Tim. However, I am not interested in attempting a running board install.

Again, Thanks Craig! I would encourage all Central PA and beyond to give Craig and Dix Honda an opportunity for your business. They are very professional!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Beware of Dealer scam!! Help

Dealer Scam-help
Hello everyone:
I post a thread on dealer scam and post a thread. However, I can't find my post and wonder if it was lost somewhere. Can anyone show me how to find that thread that I posted or can I do a search on my user id to locate it?

WILL REPOST AGAIN-SEE BELOW-

Dealer Scam- PLEASE Help !!!!
Hello everyone:
I recently bought a Honda Pilot EXL in March 03. I want to bring to everyone attention and seeking your input on what I believe a calculated dirty tactic that a dealer called Hillside Honda in Queens NY inflicted on unaware buyers.

When I bought the car after 6 hours of negotiation through this dealership, I thought it was an OK deal. After signed all proper paper works and drove off with a brand new truck, I got a phone call 30 days later from a finance director indicating that I still owed them $2-3K since they forgot to charge me NY State Tax.

I looked at the sales invoice, there is a sale figure for the truck, under registration and inspection fee- a charge of $111, destination-N/A and Sales Tax typed in"Queens" and "N/A". After 6 hours of negotiations, I don't believed that the dealer "forgot" a sales tax but to give them a benefit of doubt, even if they forgot, they would not typed in N/A.

In the Retail Certificate of Sales that I have a copy of, under Dealer Certification there is a sentence that stated" All New York State and Local taxes due as a result of this sale have been collected from the purchaser". With this in mind, I would assume that the total cost that was printed in the bill of sales included everything which means sales tax.

To make long story short, this dealer only issued to me a temporary registration sticker that expired in April 03. They indicated to me that I will not get a new registration until I settle this dispute. I called the comptroller of this dealer and told her that the dealeship already pressure us to purchase a low jack and practically robbed us on the price. Now, they have a nerve to call (30 DAYS LATER) and ask for more money by stating that it was an "Honest Mistake". As I 've indicated before, I was there for 6 hours trying to get the deal done, and I'm sure the sales manager, finance manager, comptroller and whoever else involved must review the deal and paper work prior to approve the deal and allow me to take the truck home. So, I suggest to the comptroller of this dealeship that I will be happy to return the truck with only 100 miles on it if they provide me a full refund. She said it is not an option to return the truck.

I am so frustrated and seeking any one help to see how I can get the dealer to send me a new registration without having to pay the extra $2-3K. I have already called Motor Vehicle and their record still showed that the plate is still register under Hillside Honda and told me to work this problem to them.

I'm thinking of writing a formal complaint to Honda Motors, Better Business Bureau and local news trouble investigation report but also seeking your help to solve this problem.

BUYER BEWARE AND ANY INPUTS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

PS. SINCE WE ARE FINANCING THE TRUCK, OUR FIRST PAYMENT IS NEXT WEEK AND WE ARE NOT SURE IF WE SHOULD SEND THE PAYMENT PRIOR TO SETTLEMENT.

THANKS
DN

·
Registered
204 Posts
davesheetz said:
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Craig Colwell from Dix Honda in State College, PA. Craig was very professional with us. He answered our questions and concerns and made our Pilot purchase experience very enjoyable! We purchased our Sandstone Metallic LX in November, 2002. Since then, we have put approx. 5500 miles on our Pilot. I just talked with Craig to schedule our first maintenance and decided to have running boards installed during the visit. Craig was able to give me a very good price in comparison with Tim from Hondacuraworld. I have purchased all weather mats and the cargo organizer from Tim and was very pleased with the price and service I received from Tim. However, I am not interested in attempting a running board install.

Again, Thanks Craig! I would encourage all Central PA and beyond to give Craig and Dix Honda an opportunity for your business. They are very professional!
Do you mind letting other Piloteers know how much less did you pay for the runningboards? For any new group buys, we may be able to ask Tim to price-match if the amount is significantly less. Just remember that Tim has to somehow, somewhere cover charges for shipping.
How much did your dealer charge for installation?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Basically, Craig was able to match Tim's "Group Buy" price plus installation. Craig has informed me that he joined Honda-Pilot.ORG, so I will leave it up to him if he would like to publish the total price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts