Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up my Sage EX next week and I'm looking for what price I could pay for options. I seem to recall a thread tat showed dealer cost .. but I can't find it now.

I considering:
Running boards
Mud flaps
backup sensors

Should I just by after market and install myself?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I am sure you willl get this from others also. Do not buy from Dealer unless you want to get ripped off. Check for group buys for accessoris from Tim on this site or check Hondacuraworld.com.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took in a printout of the prices from handa-accessories.com and Tim and showed them what I could get them for and they matched them. I got them installed at that price and covered by the standard 3 yr warranty.

Eagle pilot

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Most are fairly easy to do yourself

And you get the pride of accomplishment.

Remember, the dealer may or may-not be any better than you at these installations.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Since it would take too much time to post the dealer cost for every single accessory, I'll go ahead and post the mark-ups that some popular online sites do on accesories. Some markups differ on some parts, but from what I've found they are pretty consistent.

HondaAcuraWorld 30%
HParts.com 20%
4HondaParts 18%
CollegeHillsHonda 25%
Hand A-Accessories 20%

From these markups, you can figure out dealer costs. In other words, if a part like Splash Guards at HParts.com costs $30, the dealer cost is $25 ($30 / 1.20).

If I'm wrong about any of these markups, please don't shoot me. :)

Of course you also have to factor in taxes and shipping costs which vary greatly between sites. You should also consider the reputation of the individual sites. I've heard HondaAcuraWorld has a reputation for great service (plus free shipping!).

As for installation, I installed the Splash Guards (Mud Flaps) and the Running Boards myself and they were both a piece of cake. I'm guessing the backup sensors should be left to professionals or people with too much time on their hands.

Best of luck.

-Pj

1 - 5 of 5 Posts