·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All..

2014 Pilot 30,000 miles

Strange issue here.....

Power lift gate problem..I think...

When using driver door or rear door button to close hatch....battery dead in 2 days...

When I close door manually ....everything fine

Anyone ever hear of this

thxs
Mike

Battery 2 years old..

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yup. Had the same problem on my 2015 Touring. Replace your battery. Power hatch uses A LOT of juice to do its thing. 2 days after this started happening to me, the battery wouldn't hold a charge. Luckily I had just replaced the battery the year before and it had a 3 year warranty on it. I had to have the HVAC guys who were doing warranty work on my house jump me so I could make it to the auto parts store.

My battery wound up being defective. If the battery is still under warranty they should replace it at no charge.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
Hi All..

2014 Pilot 30,000 miles

Strange issue here.....

Power lift gate problem..I think...

When using driver door or rear door button to close hatch....battery dead in 2 days...

When I close door manually ....everything fine

Anyone ever hear of this

thxs
Mike

Battery 2 years old..
Mike,
You have a 14, w/ 30K on it?
Maybe you don't drive it enough to keep the battery charged? Did I just post that? LOL :rolleyes:

MZX has some good advice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx guys for the quick responses....

My brother in law was determined to take it to his mechanic..
mechanic had it for 2 days and found no issues starting it up and told us that there WAS NO DRAIN going on......and everything was OK

So , I'll try to get a new battery if it turns up dead again...
I cant believe a 5 second closing of the rear drains a battery...

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike,
You have a 14, w/ 30K on it?
Maybe you don't drive it enough to keep the battery charged? Did I just post that? LOL :rolleyes:

MZX has some good advice.
It was a spare , I have a 2009 Rav4 and she was leasing a Lincoln till this past june..
I used the Pilot on weekends going to work...
I'm sure it will start adding up now that she has it...
LOL
Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup. Had the same problem on my 2015 Touring. Replace your battery. Power hatch uses A LOT of juice to do its thing. 2 days after this started happening to me, the battery wouldn't hold a charge. Luckily I had just replaced the battery the year before and it had a 3 year warranty on it. I had to have the HVAC guys who were doing warranty work on my house jump me so I could make it to the auto parts store.

My battery wound up being defective. If the battery is still under warranty they should replace it at no charge.
Hey MZX

Pick up a TOPVISION Power Pack.......YouTube "Project Farm" reviewed a hand full of these...Amazon has it w/coupon for $65
Used it on the Pilot.....worked like a charm

Mike

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,315 Posts
Hey MZX

Pick up a TOPVISION Power Pack.......YouTube "Project Farm" reviewed a hand full of these...Amazon has it w/coupon for $65

Mike
Those power packs (any of them) are great to have. Far more compact than jumper cables and amazingly effective. You can do multiple jumps before recharging.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Was there a cold snap in your region? Besides the issues mentioned above, sometimes a sudden change in temps can be a drain on a battery. I also pretty much always have a charger around, Battery Tenders are a decent price and work well. None of us are driving as much and I just keep a charger on my cars all the time lately since they don't get charged much (since no driving) otherwise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was there a cold snap in your region? Besides the issues mentioned above, sometimes a sudden change in temps can be a drain on a battery. I also pretty much always have a charger around, Battery Tenders are a decent price and work well. None of us are driving as much and I just keep a charger on my cars all the time lately since they don't get charged much (since no driving) otherwise.
Its a gradual downward trend....50's 40's...at night high 30's

mechanic said the usual drain 35 milliamps....

he changed the a/c relay switch because my brother in law found it on the web.....

we can go on forever here ....

O do I hate electrical issues

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey MZX

Mike
ill definitely have to pick up one. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ill definitely have to pick up one. Thanks for the suggestion.
Good choice...

Just a follow up on my issue.....

brought it to mechanic and he found nothing....
So I'm now going to test a theory ....

I closed rear door manually....didnt use car for 2+ days......wife started up car with no issue..

Now , I opened and closed rear door with key ....I will let it sit for 2 days to see if it starts...

Later

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts